Firearms Store & Shooting Range in Calvert?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Anubis

Dec 26, 2010
    CHUCK!!!!!!!

I plan on doin my next handgun purchase with him. Great guy, I've known since high school.

Angeleyes1968

Sep 3, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    Nice to meet you Chuck! Your transfer fee, does that include just the paperwork or the casing to MSP as well? Ordering a 9mm fron out of state. Thanks!

Last edited:

John81

Feb 7, 2012
    a long range shooting range would be perfect i shoot on private property but longest shot there is about 300 yards

calcounty

Sep 17, 2012
    Hi Everyone, i just moved to calvert county from michigan and was shocked to find out that there isnt anywhere to shoot (ranges). Can anyone inform me of the Calvery County/MD laws for target shooting? I found something from the county stating 150 yards from a dwelling, does that mean i need to be 150 yards from my own house? I am surrounded by farmland but there is one house about 300 yards away (Not in the direction i would fire in) and behind my target is a farmers hill where the peak is probably 20 yards above the target.

I dont want to get in any trouble but i just wanna target practice 75 yrd shots with a rimfire rifle.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Hi Everyone, i just moved to calvert county from michigan and was shocked to find out that there isnt anywhere to shoot (ranges). Can anyone inform me of the Calvery County/MD laws for target shooting? I found something from the county stating 150 yards from a dwelling, does that mean i need to be 150 yards from my own house? I am surrounded by farmland but there is one house about 300 yards away (Not in the direction i would fire in) and behind my target is a farmers hill where the peak is probably 20 yards above the target.

I dont want to get in any trouble but i just wanna target practice 75 yrd shots with a rimfire rifle.

be a nice neighbor and ask the neighbors... and make sure you have proper backstop. other than that... lucky for you to have such a land to shoot from.. and welcome!

csearly

Nov 20, 2011
    Nice to meet you Chuck! Your transfer fee, does that include just the paperwork or the casing to MSP as well? Ordering a 9mm fron out of state. Thanks!

The Transfer fee is for just the paperwork. $10 for the shell casing, and $20 for the MD approved lock (unless you already have one that you can bring with you)

Just out of curiosity do you know how hard it is to get permits and insurance to open a range?

I haven't gotten that far yet. But I don't expect it to be easy or cheap.

I'm still in the planning stages at this point. Ordered my market survey, and currently going through the NRA range source book. I've also been in contact with a couple of guys who have opened ranges in other locations, and they have offered to help advise me through some of the stickier parts of the process. This will take a while to come together, but support will be my greatest asset.

you plan on becommin an IP?

I do plan on it, but I'm not carrying much inventory as of yet. Stay tuned.

Four Kings

Nov 25, 2010
    Calvert
    Welcome to Calvert, Chuck. I like the idea of supporting local business...especially one that is taking aim at opening a range, so to speak. I'll give you a ring and talk about an order with ya - could always use ammo & it won't be long 'til I "need" another toy to put in the safe. Look forward to meeting ya.

Best of luck moving forward with your plans.

Jan 30, 2011
    Port Republic Md
    I just got off the phone with Chuck, Great guy! Was extremely helpful on some gun purchases I'm planning on making. Answered all my questions and gave me some good advise on selecting the correct guns! I have already made my 1st order with him and will be making a 2nd after some more research that Chuck advised me to do. Thanks for your assistance Chuck and look forward to meeting you in person!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom