• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SgtKope

Nov 7, 2009
    Crofton, MD
    I have approximately 1k-1.5k of 5.56 brass I would like converted to 300BLK. If anyone can do this please PM me. I am in AA county if that helps.

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    Haven't done business with this guy but he seems legit http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_114/...100__matching_headstamps____NOW_ANNEALED.html

FOR SALE - 300 blk converted from 223/556 brass
    All brass is converted by me using dillon equipment with Forster and whidden gun works dies. Brass is sorted by headstamp for tighter tolerances and proper machine operation. Brass is checked throughout the conversion process for proper sizing.
    Annealed on a giraud machine using tempilaq to verify proper temperature. All annealed lots will be shipped with my initial test piece for that lot with tempilaq still present.

Pre-cleaned, pre-cut to 1.370", annealed***, deprimed/formed, swaged (if necessary), trimmed (to YOUR desired length or 1.358" if not specified), neck expanded, wet tumbled. Ready to load.

***ANNEALING - Add $0.03/ea

PICK YOUR PREFERRED HEADSTAMP

$17/100 ($20/100 ANNEALED) + actual shipping cost (for the RP headstamp) AVAILABLE
    $20/100 ($23/100 ANNEALED) + actual shipping cost (for the LC headstamp) AVAILABLE
    $17/100 ($20/100 ANNEALED) + actual shipping cost (for the PMC headstamp) AVAILABLE
    $17/100 ($20/100 ANNEALED) + actual shipping cost (for the FC or FC NT headstamp) AVAILABLE
    shipping will be USPS redional rate or flat rate (will ship as fast/cheap as possible)
    EDIT: Can fit 300 pieces of blackout in a small flat rate box. Can fit 1400 pieces priority mail in "regional" rate boxes. That ranges from $6-$9 depending how close you are to me.

I accept PayPal (+4%)), credit/debit cards (plus 4%, can call me to process), postal money order.

email works best

I can also process YOUR .223/5.56 brass. Ship to me and include return shipping plus $0.03/ea.
    I will process on the 1050 which will include size/deprime/swage/trim to 1.750" +/- 0.003" (or tell me what length you prefer and we will see about setting it up for that).
    Wet tumbling is an additional $10/batch (1k per batch, $10 minimum unless I have a small batch going and can throw your in with it)
    Trim, chamfer, debur with Giraud is an additional $15/k
    Annealing add $0.03/ea

300 AAC blackout CONVERTING. Send me YOUR brass and include return shipping plus $0.07/ea
    I will process on the 1050 which will include pre-cutting the bulk off all cases (unless someone wants to buy me a new trimmer every month ), form / final trim to 1.358" +/- 0.003" with RT1200 and custom 300 blk form/trim die, and then expander ball run through neck. All conversion brass will get wet tumbled to debur.
    If you have been saving your dented neck/damaged cases to convert, i'll process those as well for no extra charge.
    I will convert blanks as well. It is ultimately YOUR responsibility to inspect cases before loading.
    I prefer that all cases be same headstamp. If they are not, you must be ok with tolerance's outside of the +/- 0.003"
    Annealing add $0.03/ea

300 AAC blackout PROCESSING (NOT CONVERTING) will be the same as price and procedure as .223/5.56 (except trim length of course) and will be the same price as .223/5.56 processing
    Annealing add $0.03/ea

Please make sure all brass is inspected because if I break a decap pin on a berdan primed case I will charge you $15

Will trade brass for brass processing. The exchange rate is 2 to 1 and YOU pay shipping both ways. (send me 200pcs and you get back 100 converted pieces.)

The current turn around time (for processing YOUR brass, not mine) is back to your door in about 10 days of me receiving the brass.
    Will be out of town for training the week of July 15th.

tlee_20

Sep 9, 2013
    Hey guys. I just happened to see the post above and wanted to say thanks for the referral. I am Tim (tlee_20 from AR15.com) and that is my ad for brass processing. Did you guys find someone to take care of the conversion?

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    I just got back about a thousand rounds from Tim and could not be happier.

He is definitely a class act. Keep in mind that sending your brass to be processed will take longer than buying processed brass. Don't be in a hurry, if you are buy the pre processed brass. You won't be disappointed either way.

There were several problems with my order, ALL MY FAULT, and he handled them brilliantly. (wife mailed it for me without including any sort of note, I missed some unsatifactory brass during my inspection, etc)

If you choose to send in your brass inspect it carefully!!! I have NEVER bought berdan primed 223 but somehow 4 cases got into my batch. After sorting everything by headstamp with my daughter we still missed them.

Like I said, every problem with this order came from me and Tim did a first class job getting my order straight. Assuming you do your part, your experience should be even better! (if that's possible because I have NO complaints). Thanks Tim!

Last edited:

skooter525

Sep 27, 2008
    Aberdump
    I bought all the stuff to do my own, it sure is time consuming. I have been successful and have tested some of my finished products it goes bang very well. Haven't tested how accurate or how fast. But like I said takes some time to do. I may get in on this so I can get ahead on my stock, then I would be in no rush to do my own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom