• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    So I need to hire an artist!!! I'll describe below what I am looking for but here is the back-story.

My father was also a D.C. Cop for 31 years.......yes being a douche runs in the family......while in patrol he had a partner who obviously is not blood related but this man will/and has always been what I consider my uncle. Sadly enough my uncle was recently diagonsed with a rare form of cancer and after 3 months of being dicked around by a Dr. he finally goes into surgery tomorrow morning (No prayers needed hes a freaking fighter!!!!!!). On top of that news he recently had a family accident which some of you southern Md members may have heard of where a car full of young girls was involved in a vehicle accident in Charles County. So I was looking to hire an artist for an AWESOME Christmas gift for this man to cheer up his spirits and let him know the Jones Family boys seriously care for him!

What I am looking for:

I am looking for a skilled artist to basically draw me something for him. I am looking for that light color pencil retirement style drawing. I would like the MPD patch to be on the left of the drawing, a blue rose with his badge on the right. (Stem to start at bottom and then be broken up by the badge and then finish at the top). I would like the middle to be a scroll of the Police Officers Prayer in some cool as crusive text and at the bottom I would like it to say "With Love from the Jones Boys"

I want this to look professional on a nice thick white board style canvass for framing purposes.

I was thinking about giving the artist about 100 bucks for his/her time and if there are additional expenses such as supplies (not already owned), shipping, or if your close enough then ill throw in gas money for a meeting (Don't worry I'm not a cheap guy!!)

I would like this completed by christmas. I know I know a lot of you can draw but I'm seriously looking for someone who can do this and make it look professional. If you are that MDS member please contact me via PM so we can work out whatever eeds to be worked out.

I've nenver hired an artist before but I figured this should only take 3-4 hours at max. If I am way off on my price assumption I am 100% willing to talk about prices because this is the first time I've ever had to do this.

If you can't do it but you someone who is qualified please let me know!!!

Thanks so much,

-Matt

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    My uncle was a D.C police officer back when they walked a beat. He retired after 20+ years and 3 gunshot wounds to the back. Moved to Fla. years ago. Used to live in Sykesville.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Bump. Got one lead I plan to pursue but still looking. Any help is appreciated!

Ganegrei I appreciate the info if nothing on MDS pans out that will be my next stop probably in like a week!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom