• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I have always wanted an M249 Minimi or maybe a stoner 63

But everything is priced out of range. I cant afford one without hitting the lotto. but there is an alternative.

The ARES defense MCR-15 rifle. This is my most recent project for the ultimate NFA toy. Im building a Civilian Legal Squad Automatic Weapon(SAW) or Infantry Automatic Rifle ( IAR).

The MCR Rifle wit the Belt-fed module runs about 4500 bucks right now. It is a beltfed Semi- automatic AR that runs standard m16 mags or M27 linked ammunition.

Several years ago.I bought an SWD lightning link that I think will run in this platform. I'm currently waiting on the Semi- lower to be released by MSP and I have to mod that a bit to be the host for a registered lightning link. I'll have it setup to allow for semi and automatic fire.

I do not want to say how much I paid for the lightning link from the days when dirt was new.

In a couple of months. The project should be ready.

Without a lightning link, DIAS or Registered M16 receiver. One can still play with simulated FA fire using a slidefire or Defend-AR bump fire stock with the MCR/ Shrike. With a bit of practice, it is almost as good as the real thing.

A beltfed semi- auto MCR Beltfed plus a slidefire stock.....4500, Pissing off every liberal, gun grabber coast to coast with a legal super awesome weapon . Priceless

Attachments

• mcr1.jpg
      mcr1.jpg
      17 KB · Views: 1,502

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Good luck feeding her:D I was going to get one of those when they first came out but all I ended up getting was a ton of links. I still have the links, maybe one day I will get the upper...

and this is appropriate:needpics::D

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    We have several Shrikes at the AGC. I don't think our guy with the LL is running one but has the other coversion...MM23 or whatever its called. They are cool and I would eventually like to get one. I think the prices are still a bit inflated and will come down as supply overcomes demand.

There is a way into a SAW without dumping $100K. These guys make a semi auto for $10K. That plus a HK registered Trigger pac/sear and you into a saw for under $30K. Nothing real cheap but it could be done and its nice that you can do it in steps rather than forking over $30K at once. http://www.machinegunarmory.com/firearms.html

Different_Configurations_Possible400.jpg

You really should make it up to the AGC events, there are a lot of us with the same taste in guns and you will get to try before you buy.

On the lower, were you able to get the one with the cut out mag well so you can mount the nut sack directly and closer up to the bottom of the upper? Like in this picture below. I think there is also a version not cut as much that still allows mags to work in the gun.That is they did not mill over the mag catch area, just everything below it.

ARES-shrike.jpg

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I did get the standard lower. not the AMG-1 version with the milled mag area. I like the dual feed option and i will simply use the modified low mount SAW boxes that mount higher onto the gun. These hold 180 rounds instead of 200. but not a bad compromise.

I can run this also with a registered M16 lower. But I like the 16 just like the way it is. so im re-purposing an RLL for this use. Since i bought the RLL when it was still reasonbly priced. Im getting into this project for less than 8K. Not bad for a beltfed that I actually intend to shoot.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    I did get the standard lower. not the AMG-1 version with the milled mag area. I like the dual feed option and i will simply use the modified low mount SAW boxes that mount higher onto the gun. These hold 180 rounds instead of 200. but not a bad compromise.

I can run this also with a registered M16 lower. But I like the 16 just like the way it is. so im re-purposing an RLL for this use. Since i bought the RLL when it was still reasonbly priced. Im getting into this project for less than 8K. Not bad for a beltfed that I actually intend to shoot.

How much are links (not lightning link) going for these days?

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    How much are links (not lightning link) going for these days?

I picked up some recently for a few cents a piece. But it looks like the supply of 249 links (M27?) are drying up. The 240 links still seem to be plentiful so maybe Ares will make a model to fit the AR10 platform lowers.:party29:

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Are those high capacity links? LMAO. Remember to always leave 11 links together. ;)

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Ares defense includes a bag of TEN links with the gun. So much for high cap out of the box. But they are reuseable if you can find them. Its a ten round burp followed by. Upham, we need more ammo. And I don't have mortar shells to lob at charging paper targets. I hope the cool factor instills fear with zombies

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom