• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sep 6, 2011
    Garrett County, MD
    Well, now I know how MSP is going to handle the applications that have been submitted for handgun permits.

I just got my application returned in the mail with an form letter stating I did not have a "good and substantial reason" to be issued a permit to wear, carry, or transport a handgun.

If this works, here is a scan of the letter.

http://www.box.com/s/92306766413790660714

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Hmmm....I thought they said they were going to sit on them. This will certainly skew their "97% approval rate", won't it?

Sep 6, 2011
    Garrett County, MD
    My check was returned as well.

My app was submitted 4/6/12, AFTER the stay was in place. I wonder how they are going to process the apps received prior to that? Denied on the G&S reasoning? Refund their app fee and offer them the same consideration? Table the apps pending the appeal?

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Might want to contact Del. Smigiel. I think he wanted to know about these things.

Since they returned your check it will not go against their approval rate since they never looked at it......I guess that is how it works.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Is this different that what they previously did? I thought they would usually take your money and deny you. I would definitely send a copy of the letter to Smigel.

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    Well, now I know how MSP is going to handle the applications that have been submitted for handgun permits.

I just got my application returned in the mail with an form letter stating I did not have a "good and substantial reason" to be issued a permit to wear, carry, or transport a handgun.

If this works, here is a scan of the letter.

http://www.box.com/s/92306766413790660714

Well at least they returned your money.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    Hmmm....I thought they said they were going to sit on them. This will certainly skew their "97% approval rate", won't it?

I don't think so. The application was not disapproved, it was simply returned. This is probably why they are handling applications like this. Their record will stand.

CPT Ethanolic

Gun Packing Liberal
    My check was returned as well.

My app was submitted 4/6/12, AFTER the stay was in place. I wonder how they are going to process the apps received prior to that? Denied on the G&S reasoning? Refund their app fee and offer them the same consideration? Table the apps pending the appeal?

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Doesn't it say on the application that the fee is non-refundable, regardless of decision?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom