• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pmbspyder

Platinum Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    Had to do it. Will be living here for some time and I'll be damned if I'm going to let some idiot pols ruin my hobby.

To celebrate I went for the old 2 for 1 and picked these up:

imagejpg1_zps7f39eb24.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

imagejpg2_zps97a1ded4.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Now just have to wait the 7 days for the background check of my background check's background check...

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    And the Defiance was ?

I think they were secretly hoping a lot of people would skip getting one and not buy more guns. That is the only explanation. They aren't making a lot of money from it. The anti's want you to stop buying guns. They want to hurt the LGS so they go out of business. The best thing you can do is keep buying guns. It's not like the HQL gives them any more information than they had before. It's just there to make you say "buying a gun isn't worth the hassle".

He already mentioned what the defiance was. He didn't let it ruin his hobby.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Uhhh Huhhh. I have mainly discontinued commenting on this subject , but since the actual title purported Defience , it cought my eye.

IF the thread were about purchasing a one hand bullet emmiting device that is exempt , or inheriting , or moving into the state with existing handgun , those could be catagorized as *Defience* . An underground transaction would be against the advise and spirit of this Board , and every 2A group in the state , but it would have been in *Defience of the HQL* .

What was described was instead * embracing with full consent * the HQL , in order to ( somthing ) . (Somthing) could be to indirectly advance some other aspect of RKBA in a tradeoff. Or could be the selfgratification of having a conditional State granted Privledge of purchasing a certain catagory of handgun ( not all handguns , nor handguns nesecarry to fill a particular need) .

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Uhhh Huhhh. I have mainly discontinued commenting on this subject , but since the actual title purported Defience , it cought my eye.

IF the thread were about purchasing a one hand bullet emmiting device that is exempt , or inheriting , or moving into the state with existing handgun , those could be catagorized as *Defience* . An underground transaction would be against the advise and spirit of this Board , and every 2A group in the state , but it would have been in *Defience of the HQL* .

What was described was instead * embracing with full consent * the HQL , in order to ( somthing ) . (Somthing) could be to indirectly advance some other aspect of RKBA in a tradeoff. Or could be the selfgratification of having a conditional State granted Privledge of purchasing a certain catagory of handgun ( not all handguns , nor handguns nesecarry to fill a particular need) .

They are trying to prevent you from purchasing those handguns that require a HQL. They put up a roadblock that they hope you will find distasteful. They know it doesn't reduce crime, and it won't raise revenue. The only explanation is that they want to keep certain guns "off the streets". Since I doubt any of your guns ever ended up on the streets, they really want you to stop buying them. It's not so much defying the HQL, it is doing what they really don't want you to do. That is just the way I see it. YMMV

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    congrats on the handguns. you picked 2 nice ones. dont worry about getting the hql, its the only legal way you can get modern handguns in this shit hole state. some others will bitch you out because they want to hold out until something changes. if all the local gun shops are closed by then i rekon they dont care. they also dont care that you would be shorting yourself by not buying. i say keep on buying and have as much fun as you can in this state and thumb your nose at the politicians while you are doing it.

EAB

Mar 5, 2013
    Nice. I'v been wanting one of those Rugers. Do they have any more in stock ?

Ernie

wailer

Oct 2, 2008
    Largo
    Had to do it. Will be living here for some time and I'll be damned if I'm going to let some idiot pols ruin my hobby.

To celebrate I went for the old 2 for 1 and picked these up:

imagejpg1_zps7f39eb24.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

imagejpg2_zps97a1ded4.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Now just have to wait the 7 days for the background check of my background check's background check...

Just applied and became active myself congrats, i'm like you I have a hobby and nothing's like buying and bringing home new toys to play with every once in a while, happy shopping.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    I hate the idea but I need to get my Hql. I was convinced I was done buying but there's something I really want and im not happy about jumping through hoops.

How long did it take to get yours back?

4095fanatic

Paramagic
    Dec 3, 2010
    I'm still in favor of everyone buying a $100 Hi-point and seeing if we can set a record for number of handguns purchased in a year in this miserable state. :-D.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I feel like the OP. If I quit buying the guns that they want me to quit buying, O'Malley and the rest of the anti's win. I will not let them stop me from buying what I want to buy. Biggfoot44, you are right, his purchase was not in defiance of the HQL. It was within the confines of the HQL. It was in defiance of those that made the stupid assed HQL laws.

tapeman1

Ultimate Member
    Aug 31, 2012
    Severna Park, MD
    I feel like the OP. If I quit buying the guns that they want me to quit buying, O'Malley and the rest of the anti's win. I will not let them stop me from buying what I want to buy. Biggfoot44, you are right, his purchase was not in defiance of the HQL. It was within the confines of the HQL. It was in defiance of those that made the stupid assed HQL laws.

Unless what you want to buy is an AK. ;)

Pmbspyder

Platinum Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    Thanks for the comments guys. I should have titled it "in defiance of the spirit of the HQL" because we all know the HQL only exists to make law abiding citizens too angry or too turned off to buy more handguns.

I really didn't want to get it, but I'll be here for a while and I enjoy shooting different firearms. Like I said, I don't see it so much as giving in, as I see it flipping them the bird. My number is like 6,xxx and it made me think how excited those idiots in Annapolis must be knowing that so few have gotten it. Don't get me wrong, if the lawsuit bears out like it should I'll be more than happy to get my $ back, but until then I'm going to keep doing what I love. Teratos, thank you for summing it up nicely.

In answer to some of the other questions, I got fingerprinted in 5 minutes, filled out the application in 5 minutes, and my license went active the next day.

I got the ruger from jbob, and unfortunately I believe that was the only one he had in stock...

Always wanted a .22 revolver, this should fit the bill nicely :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom