• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    I met the candidate in Gambrills today. I was very impressed. Maryland would be an entirely different state under his leadership.

He wants to reduce spending! The state budget grew from $36 to $38 billion in the past year. Slowing this crazy growth would allow elimination of the income tax. (And remember that in Maryland, the governor presents the budget.)

He spoke about his business experience. This would be an incredibly different approach from professional politicians. He wants an independent audit of every state agency.

He's doing well in all parts of the state, beating his opposition in several straw polls.

He's a Marine officer, formerly active, now in the Reserves.

It goes without saying that I'm good with his position on the 2nd Amendment.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    Right now, he's running for the Republican nomination against Craig, Hogan and George. The primary's in late June.

I also had an opportunity to meet with Lollar at the JHU debate last week and was quite impressed. The Republican primary is going to be interesting to say the least. All three candidates at the debate (Hogan was a no-show) presented some very good ideas. I did like Lollar's comments on a balanced budget. He said he wasn't concerned with balancing a budget in running his business because the true target was to show a profit in the bottom line.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Lollar's biggest hurdle is name recognition. Other than southern marylanders and those of us who met him in Annapolis last year, nobody has any idea that he exists. I agree he has a great basic conservative stance which is pretty much in line with the other candidates but he has zero chance of winning.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Lollar's biggest hurdle is name recognition. Other than southern marylanders and those of us who met him in Annapolis last year, nobody has any idea that he exists. I agree he has a great basic conservative stance which is pretty much in line with the other candidates but he has zero chance of winning.

Lollar's biggest hurdle has been himself. He's pretty much made too many rookie mistakes to win a general election.

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    I would vote for him for governor as I voted for him against Stenny. But he does not have the statewide recognition, the apparent backing of the GOP, or the experience running a successful campaign. In other words, the exact qualifications I am looking for. With very, very few exceptions, I have had my fill of career politicians and the ensconced aristocracy in both DC and Annapolis. Charles seems a decent man wanting to do the right thing. I am enough of a cynic to think now is still not the right place and time for him to succeed in winning the governorship.

Ganegrei

Comblock Convert
    Jun 23, 2011
    Somewhere in BoCo
    Met him at one of his meet and greets. Friend of mine works on his campaign. His biggest problem is that he should have run on the Democrat ticket as a DINO. As a black conservative on the Democrat ticket he has less then a snowball's chance in hell.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    For example.....?

oh, things like missing legal deadlines for campaign finance (see here: http://articles.baltimoresun.com/20...ed-deadline-charles-county-business-executive)

That's a big one, but you can Google others on the Quinton report or Red Maryland. Things like getting fines for not filing campaign finance reports on time, misspelled sings, just really dumb stuff. He's toast, its only a question of time. Don't get me wrong, I like him as a candidate, but you just can't run a campaign incompetently like he has and win. It's hard enough to be Republican... to win you have to play mistake-free football.

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    I like him, but I do have an issue with his 2A stance. I was at a forum where all the republican candidates except Hogan were present. They were each asked if they supported "shall issue". Each stated yes, except Lollar. He completely avoided the direct question and instead gave a lengthy example of why guns are important to have in the home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom