• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ashershapiro

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 11, 2014
    Law enforcement/military (including retired, reservists, guard, etc.) should contact Vortex directly as they have a substantial discount program on everything they make. :)

For anyone who doesn't qualify, however, under 300 is a fantastic deal and should be jumped on ASAP.

I ordered straight from Vortex a month ago, and he said it would be 6-12 weeks and I'm 15th in line. Ughh

friendlyhippo

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 7, 2015
    Glen Burnout
    A friend mentioned the Vortex deal would save him $10 over this deal after shipping. So it sounds like a good price. I'm not to keen on the reticle.

oh it's definitely a great price; i was just mentioning it for those who qualify and maybe didn't know, and who maybe were considering a different product from Vortex since the discount applies across the board. :)

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    A word of caution on OP. I ordered mine in July and was told it would be here in Aug or Sept. I received an email about 3 weeks ago telling me it was in. When I called, the CSR told me they were back ordered until Feb. When I told him about the email I just got 110 min earlier he pulled it up and said, yes mine was in, and I received it about 1 week later. He did tell me that currently they were back ordered until Feb so be prepared to possibly wait. OP service was fine and the price to my door was $293.70. Haven't mounted it yet.

BigMBobbyOP

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2011
    PA
    For those of you looking at the strike eagle, why do you prefer the strike eagle over the primary arms 1-6?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Does anyone make this type of optic with a first focal plane at an affordable price? I realize 'affordable' is subjective.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    For those of you looking at the strike eagle, why do you prefer the strike eagle over the primary arms 1-6?

Vortex lifetime, transferable, no questions asked warranty.

Run over it with your truck, and tell them you did so, and they still will fix or replace.

BigMBobbyOP

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2011
    PA
    What kind of scope mount are you guys using on a scope like this? I see the OP mentioned LaRue but I'm not prepared to drop $200 on it. I'm aware of the Burris but has anyone got an opinion on a quality mount for a scope like this which is more budget minded than a LaRue? Preferably QD.

tkd4life

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2010
    Southern Maryland

While I haven't handled the Vortex Strike Eagle, it appears that this and the Primary Arms 1-6 is the same thing just with a different reticle. I would bet that these are made in the same factory just different reticles and markings on the tube. The specs are nearly identical.

BigMBobbyOP

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2011
    PA
    While I haven't handled the Vortex Strike Eagle, it appears that this and the Primary Arms 1-6 is the same thing just with a different reticle. I would bet that these are made in the same factory just different reticles and markings on the tube. The specs are nearly identical.

Yes I'm actually liking the vortex reticle better myself

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    I really like the PA also but there are pretty noticeable differences when you put them side by side. I'll post some side by side pics tomorrow. Where you grab the PA to adjust 1-6 it feels cheaper than the Vortex. Also, the only quick throw I can find for the PA is a cheap piece of plastic. I do like the PA reticle better but the Vortex lifetime warranty is excellent.

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh

Attachments

• image-1812142757.jpg
      image-1812142757.jpg
      33.8 KB · Views: 363

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I saw the strike eagle at Nate's this week and like the reticle but the OASize of it is something to consider. just a little larger than my crossfire though. I am happy with the consistency of the Burris PEPR QD. Those should go on sale here soon too.

BigMBobbyOP

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2011
    PA
    I saw the strike eagle at Nate's this week and like the reticle but the OASize of it is something to consider. just a little larger than my crossfire though. I am happy with the consistency of the Burris PEPR QD. Those should go on sale here soon too.

How does the crossfire compare to the strike eagle? (is it the crossfire II 1-4?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom