• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

JJM82

Sep 20, 2011
    Jarrettsville
    Just got confirmation that my app was received by MSP today. :thumbsup:
    I sent it priority yesterday, with tracking. It was $5 or so, came out to $7+ with the envelope. With everything up in the air right now, I want to have verification that they received it.

MH

Just sent mine in this morning. Mailed it certified with a return card for the MDSP to send back. Fingers crossed.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    One thing concerns me, that is, if MD denies the permit applications, then it is hurtful when one applies for a CCW in another state, because these states sometimes ask if one has ever been turned down by another state and the reason why. It doesn't help.

J.Brown

Apr 3, 2008
    Hampstead
    I'm wondering, did the judge leave his opinion vague in an attempt give md some room to wiggle? Only they didn't realize that and are now messing with the bull? It just seems this whole law suit has followed this trend and their not seeing the writing on the wall.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    From the MDSP document on LIve Scan Fingerprinting:

APPLICATIONS MUST BE POSTMARKED AS SENT TO THE LICENSING DIVISION OR STAMPED AS DELIVERED TO THE LICENSING DIVISION WITHIN 72 HOURS OF FINGERPRINTS BEING ELECTRONICALLY SUBMITTED. IF YOUR APPLICATION IS NOT SUBMITTED WITHIN 72 HOURS IT MAY BE RETURNED TO THE APPLICANT.

emphasis mine.

I am not a lawyer but I think you have complied with the instructions by having your application postmarked within 72 hours of your Live Scan fingerprinting.

As gprimr sais this needs close crutiny for a pattern of behavior on the MDSP actions.

I don't understand what you are saying. CCW application must be postmarked? By whom? Post Office or MSP? Confused. Please explain.
    Thanks!

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    They just sound desperate, or am I misreading this?

Naaa. This just makes clear that the state wants the judge to deny injunctive relief expressly and limit the judgment to declaratory relief. No surprise. The request is well within the bounds -- the judge left it unclear.

Afield

Jul 3, 2010
    Rockville, MD
    Naaa. This just makes clear that the state wants the judge to deny injunctive relief expressly and limit the judgment to declaratory relief. No surprise. The request is well within the bounds -- the judge left it unclear.

Does declaratory relief still get us what we want? Or will it take yet another suit? What is the point of a declaratory statement without an injunction against the offending text of law??

Hit and Run

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2010
    Prince Frederick
    I was at Maryland Livescan today getting my prints for my Florida permit, and the 20 minutes I was there, there were 6-7 people in line (3 in front of me and 4 behind) specifically there to apply for a Maryland permit.

Same experience but then I might have been in line with you....

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Individual vs Collective right, applied to all the States and Territories, genesis for 50+ Civil Suits currently underway right now....how much more meaningless can one get?

[/g]

Meaningless in that even with 50+ suits it is still not settled. DC and Chicago have been allowed to run roughshod over the decisions and states like MD laugh in their faces and dare them to clarify which they refuse to do.

krucam

Ultimate Member
    Meaningless in that even with 50+ suits it is still not settled. DC and Chicago have been allowed to run roughshod over the decisions and states like MD laugh in their faces and dare them to clarify which they refuse to do.

DC: Emily Got her Gun. Since then, the restrictions have been further reduced.

Chicago: McDonald Got his Gun. Gun Ranges have near-strict scrutiny. 2 Carry cases (Sheppard & Moore) have spawned, one already at the 7th Circuit.

MD: The case which MD laughs in their faces and dares them to clarify wouldn't have even been filed if not for McDonald giving the right to the States.

Still think Heller/McDonald are meaningless? If so, then I guess this proves that there's no pleasing everyone...

southern71

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 23, 2012
    DC: Emily Got her Gun. Since then, the restrictions have been further reduced.

Chicago: McDonald Got his Gun. Gun Ranges have near-strict scrutiny. 2 Carry cases (Sheppard & Moore) have spawned, one already at the 7th Circuit.

MD: The case which MD laughs in their faces and dares them to clarify wouldn't have even been filed if not for McDonald giving the right to the States.

Still think Heller/McDonald are meaningless? If so, then I guess this proves that there's no pleasing everyone...

Oopssssssssss.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom