• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dawson9a

Jul 1, 2013
    I'm looking to trade some music gear for a DPMS LR-398 rifle and ammo

I contacted my FFL and was told I could just do a face to face transfer. What exactly is involved in that? What do we need to do?

Btw, this is the gun..

It's a dpms ar10 with magpul adj sniper stock. Larue grip , muzzle break,ZOS 10 x 50 scope BMG charging handle. Battle rail.

He said he paid over $2k last year. Any comments on this gun? Rough idea of value?

Thanks guys!
    Dave

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      101.6 KB · Views: 419

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Face to face usually means both going to the MSP for any kind of firearm with a waiting period. But I don't think that applies to ARs in not controlled calibers. If you can buy it over the counter and can take it with you it should not need any outside intervention.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    That's a cash and carry gun so a bill of sale is all you need. Can't help you on value.

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    Face to face usually means both going to the MSP for any kind of firearm with a waiting period. But I don't think that applies to ARs in not controlled calibers. If you can buy it over the counter and can take it with you it should not need any outside intervention.

It does not apply to rifles and there are no "controlled calibers" in MD, yet.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    Face to face is just that. No MSP, no FFL, no paperwork required. A little taste of free America inside our intolerant state borders.

It's fairly common to write up a bill of sale citing the serial number, and some people like to do an ID check just to confirm the buyer is who they say they are... but both are completely at your discretion. Ask if they are a felon if you really want to cover yourself.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    It's fairly common to write up a bill of sale citing the serial number, and some people like to do an ID check just to confirm the buyer is who they say they are... but both are completely at your discretion. Ask if they are a felon if you really want to cover yourself.

It's very common to do this, and IMO it's a good CYA move as well. I've sold guns to people on this forum before, and used this:

http://texasguntrader.com/billofsale.pdf

That way at least you can make the argument that the person you sold it to represented to you that they were legal, just in case.

Feb 28, 2013
    Folks, I think the OP here is the buyer.

As for the rifle, 2k may be a trifle high for that, unless that's about an $800 scope. It looks good though.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    No problem. I like that one, because (while it may not carry a crapton of legal weight) it uses the same questions from the 4473 and could at least be used to argue in court that you did your due diligence as a seller.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom