• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Engage Instructor

Industry Partner
    Oct 27, 2011
    Good Afternoon,

The Engage Basic Pistol will be held on August 5, 2012 for those who are looking for a good start to building the framework for more advanced pistol manipulation. The course starts with the basic fundamentals of pistol marksmanship then goes into beginner defensive marksmanship basics that can be applied to your self defense plan. If you have never shot a suppressed handgun before then we will also provide the opportunity to do so. We use our own range so it gives us the ability to more than any range in the area, with safety in mind of course! You will be given a certificate at the end of the course that is honored by many different companies and law enforcement organizations for basic qualifications for handgun related permits, also for our Combat Handgun Course. We have about 4 hours total of classroom time with give or take 3 hours of high quality range time!

The price of the course is $200.00 per person with special couple pricing and it includes:

-Gun Rental
    -100 Rounds of Ammunition
    -Eye/ Ear Protection
    -Range Fees
    -Company Fees
    -Food (Coffee, Doughnuts, Soda, Water, Bad A$$ lunch)
    -Good, Safe, Fun!!

General Information:

-WE SHOOT RAIN OR SHINE, SO UNLESS THERE IS A NATURAL DISASTER, WE ARE TRAINING!!!!!The range has a lean to for cover for those who will not operate in the rain.
    -A deposit of half of the course entry fee is now due one week prior to the date of the course or otherwise posted. This portion of the funds is non-refundable and can be used for other courses.
    -If you have any injuries or disabilities, please let me know. This does not prevent you from taking my course’s because I will help you as best as I can!
    -We will be holding courses at least twice monthly depending on work load, personal, and business considerations.
    -Dates are subject to change! You will be notified the second something changes
    -You may bring your own firearms, equipment, and ammunition but it will NOT change the course price.
    -Lunch is provided at all courses’ to include Sandwiches, Chips, Soda, Water, Cookies, Fruit, and Coffee.
    -If you do not have any of the required equipment, it will not prevent you from participating but will severely hinder your ability to perform certain techniques.Some equipment maybe provided for a cost depending on availability.
    -The range we hold all of our course's at are private ranges and are not open to the general public unless given permission by Engage Armament Staff.

Engage Instructor

Industry Partner
    Oct 27, 2011
    Where are you located? I think my wife may be interested in this.

We are located in Thurmont, MD and it is a private range. We do this so that we don't have any range nazi's inhibiting what I can teach and it is a more relaxed atmosphere with safety in mind of course.

CZ Peasy

Jun 29, 2012
    A few questions:
    Are there still available spots?
    What time will the class start?
    Is this the equivalent of the NRA Basic Pistol class and will a certificate be issued showing this?
    You say pistol rental is included. Can we bring and use our own? I have a full size and a subcompact that I will use for CC. Would I be able to get guidance for proper handling of each?

Thank you!

Engage Instructor

Industry Partner
    Oct 27, 2011
    Q1: Of course there are spots available!
    Q2: Class Starts at 09:00AM
    Q3: There will be a certificate but it is not a NRA Cert it is the Engage Armament Cert. which satisfies the MD Gun Safety requirement to buy a handgun. It also satisfies the DC requirement to buy a handgun and concealed carry prerequisites for VA and FL (those are the only CCW jurisdictions that I have been asked to check).
    Q4: Yes the rental is included if you please but I encourage bringing your own pistol! You will get the best training I can offer to you on whatever pistol you bring!

If you are interested please give me all of your contact information through a PM and I will get you on a spot in the course! Hope this helped.

A few questions:
    Are there still available spots?
    What time will the class start?
    Is this the equivalent of the NRA Basic Pistol class and will a certificate be issued showing this?
    You say pistol rental is included. Can we bring and use our own? I have a full size and a subcompact that I will use for CC. Would I be able to get guidance for proper handling of each?

Thank you!

huesmann

n00b
    Mar 23, 2012
    Silver Spring, MD
    I'm interested, but 8/5 doesn't work for me. Is there a mailing list or something for which I can sign up in order to be notified of future training sessions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom