• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • elitehome

Aug 5, 2011
    Ceciltucky
    Not to be a dick but what do you people expect when going to big box retailers? Everyone always seems surprised when they get horrible service by these box moving companies that usually employes just as worthless employees. This is why you should shop with small business

Jackson923

Hell Yeah!
    Jan 25, 2008
    Harford Co
    I think that I'm a fairly tolerant fellow and that it takes a bit to get me worked up, but the staff at Dick's (Bel Air branch in Harford county) managed to get my goat within 10 minutes of walking in the door :mad54:. 2 items were simply horrendously bad customer service, and 1 item sounds like a worrisome policy shift at Dick's. In chronological order (beginnning at 10:30am today):

1) [Bad Service] I went to the hunting/shooting department to get some shotgun ammo for skeet and check out the .22LR ammo. I told the employee on station I planned to test out a variety of .22LR in the target pistol I just bought (Ruger Mk. III) to see what reliably worked best for accuracy and what worked best for economical plinking practice, and so wanted to scope out the available choices. The employee (older fellow with a brusque demeanor) in short order expressed (a) that he was busy and did not have time to discuss or place different boxes of .22LRs on the counter
    (b) that it did not matter what I thought I knew, this (the most expensive box of .22LR) is what I needed to buy
    (c) when I asked to step behind the counter with him present so I could read the boxes, "can't you read the sign, no one but employees behind the counter" (despite that I said I am nearsighted, and that he couldn't be bothered to move the boxes to the counter save the most expensive one)

Probably the the same turd who wouldn't take the last waterfowl lay out blind down that was hanging from the ceiling so I sould see. "I'm not taking it down unless your going to buy it" to which I replied "how do I know if I want to buy it if I can't see it"? Guy who dyes his hair dark and has a gotee? think he is their "Bow Expert" and told me he was retired MSP, I said hmmm must explain why your an ass, he didn't like that and walked away. I haven't had a problem with him since.

J-Dog

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2012
    I've been to the new Dick's in Crofton 4 or 5 times and received exemplary service each time. Aside from the fact that there's usually only one person behind the counter, and they seem to be responsible for both the hunting and fishing departments, I've got no complaints. The one guy even spent 20 minutes helping my wife and I pick a scope for her Marlin. Most of the time we spend a good 15-20 minutes talking guns after I've got what I need. Heck, even the guy at the register up front was pleasant. Must be certain locations that have the a-holes.

Grrrr

Nov 10, 2011
    waldorf md
    As much as I dislike going to Waldorf, I make it a point to go to that Dicks because I always get excellent service when Eddie is there. That's more than I can say about the Dicks in St Mary's.

Is eddie the rather heavy set guy that works the gun counter? If it is he is always nice and super helpful.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    I went to the DSG today in Bel Air to buy some ammo. I had a $10 off coupon about to expire so I had to use it. after I gave my CC the clerk said i had to look a the screen and answer a few questions?

My DOB
    Am I an american citizen?
    Is this the correct total?

I told her I was a Taliban and I buy ammo here all the time

the clerk said it was a new procedure and it was her first time through this? I recalled this thread and thought to myself??

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Was the sporting goods guy a shorter bald fellow? gotee, beard maybe? That's about all I can remember, and it looks like a few posts above we are all talking about the same person as I remember this guy "working" on a crossbow the day I was there; I didn't receive the negativity you did.

That new checkout procedure is new to me, I've never been I.D'd there. Last time I was there was months ago, though.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Probably the the same turd who wouldn't take the last waterfowl lay out blind down that was hanging from the ceiling so I sould see. "I'm not taking it down unless your going to buy it" to which I replied "how do I know if I want to buy it if I can't see it"? Guy who dyes his hair dark and has a gotee? think he is their "Bow Expert" and told me he was retired MSP, I said hmmm must explain why your an ass, he didn't like that and walked away. I haven't had a problem with him since.

So I don't get this conversation, you ask to see a product for sale --> he say's no, and then right then and there randomly points out the fact he's retired MSP? What relevance was that?

Kinda weird.

Jackson923

Hell Yeah!
    Jan 25, 2008
    Harford Co
    So I don't get this conversation, you ask to see a product for sale --> he say's no, and then right then and there randomly points out the fact he's retired MSP? What relevance was that?

Kinda weird.

The MSP thing came up later in conversation, but it was more of the same, I felt like I was a criminal from the negative looks and underlying tone of the conversation, once he found out I was a Firefighter he made the "I'm retired MSP" comment. It was like flicking a switch, all of the sudden I was OK because I was a FF, that's when I replied "explains why your an ass". Nothing personal with MSP I know not all of LEO's have this mentality.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Yeah, I gotcha' I knew it had to make more sense than that, I did get a vibe from him but I never had anything negative to say from it.

Trekker

Oct 20, 2011
    Harford County

Was the sporting goods guy a shorter bald fellow? gotee, beard maybe? That's about all I can remember, and it looks like a few posts above we are all talking about the same person as I remember this guy "working" on a crossbow the day I was there; I didn't receive the negativity you did.

That new checkout procedure is new to me, I've never been I.D'd there. Last time I was there was months ago, though.

He was not bald, and I could not tell whether he died his hair, but dark hair and the goatee is on the mark. He was occupied with changing the sales signs, but I have also worked retail and changing the sales signs happens every week. It isn't a surprise event comes unexpectedly and needs to be done within the hour or the world ends. It was also a matter that he was doing the sales signs from the ammo counter. In any case, it was the first time I encountered him.

dilligaf

Do I look like I care?
    Jun 19, 2012
    Crap the Waldorf Dick's and La Plata Wal Mart are nothing like those. I usually go in BS with the counter people show them pics of what I have done to my purchases and discuss future builds. Buy ammo and guns with no hassles whatsoever.

+1 for LaPlata Walmart I usually don't get great service from Wally World but I was there late Sunday morning looking for bulk 40 which looked like had sold out. The young man behind the counter checked three different locations and found a case. Great customer service!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom