• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • solarfuel

Oct 24, 2013
    I traded a rifle on snipershide and the person I traded with lives in Cali. I am looking for a FFL that will ship a DTA SRS .308 to a FFL in CA. His FFL will not accept transfers from individuals or I would just ship direct.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    A MD FFL can not ship to a CA FFL unless they are registered with the CA DOJ. Not many FFLS want to go through the process, so it will be tough.

You can however ship it directly to CA FFL without issue.

DubTap21

Jan 27, 2013
    Silver Spring
    A MD FFL can not ship to a CA FFL unless they are registered with the CA DOJ. Not many FFLS want to go through the process, so it will be tough.

You can however ship it directly to CA FFL without issue.
    He said the guys FFL in California will not accept a firearm shipment from an individual.

IMO, the OP should advise the tradee in Cali to seek out a different FFL that accepts shipments from individuals.

Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    To the OP: Check out RifleGear in Fountain Valley, CA. I did a lot of business with them including an inter-family transfer to get around the CA approved pistol list http://www.riflegear.com/fountainvalley

(CA has/had it written into the law that an inter family transfer is exempt from the approved handgun roster sooo: my father, a legal Oregon resident purchased a handgun and shipped it directly to RifleGear, They logged it and I went in and did the background check, paid the transfer fee etc.)

The point is, they accepted the handgun shipped directly from my dad. Totally legal, shipped via UPS. Should be even easier with a long gun (as long as it complies with CA laws regarding assault weapons i.e. bullet button etc, if applicable)

Edit: looked up the rifle you are sending. Since it is a bolt gun you are good to go as far as assault weapon stuff as those laws only apply to .50BMG and semi-autos. IF you send him full cap mags make sure they are disassembled and ship them separately directly to him)

Last edited:
    Jan 9, 2012
    Hoco
    He said the guys FFL in California will not accept a firearm shipment from an individual.

IMO, the OP should advise the tradee in Cali to seek out a different FFL that accepts shipments from individuals.

Think the suggestion may have been to ship it as an individual to an alternative California FFL who can then transfer it to the other guys FFL? Maybe? Not sure.

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD

Tell the buyer to find a new FFL. I've been down this route a time or two and in 2011 I shipped to CA. You aren't shipping a full auto, a RPG or a bazooka.

Lew--Ranger63

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom