• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    It is not me you need to convince, I believe you have the right to carry.

You have to convince me why I should take up your fight for the right when you don't have a convincing battle plan.

No I don't need you at all.. I will take a loss if need be.

And if other choose to pander to you.. that's on them..

So far not many takers...

God speed in South Carolina..

highli99

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2015
    West Side
    Tie vote. Failed. Courtney white and the chairman voted against overturning MSP

Just found out this was my application. I'm really frustrated because i was told my hearing would be in november. Here we are 2 months later and the HPRB has never even informed me that they denied by application. Obviously i was not notified of this hearing in advance.

It appears my rights to testify at this hearing appear to have been intentionally violated.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Just found out this was my application. I'm really frustrated because i was told my hearing would be in november. Here we are 2 months later and the HPRB has never even informed me that they denied by application. Obviously i was not notified of this hearing in advance.

It appears my rights to testify at this hearing appear to have been intentionally violated.

Does not surprise me at all. Take the info I sent you and follow through ASAP.

I would also contact the HPRB admin and ask when the notice of your review was mailed to you and why you did not receive a hearing. If you need the contact info for the admin, let me know.

highli99

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2015
    West Side
    Tim can speak for himself what kind of business he owns but it is my understanding that he only eats what he goes out and kills. This CPA that applied I'm sure has a state issued license but is one of many employees of a large firm.

Edit: Looks like he already did....

I am the CPA in question and I am also one of many owners of the firm. So in effect I am a business owner in addition to being a CPA and Certified Fraud Examiner. BTW the Statement of Maryland publishes the addresses of CPAs on the State's website which was one of my G&S reasons the board rejected.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I am the CPA in question and I am also one of many owners of the firm. So in effect I am a business owner in addition to being a CPA and Certified Fraud Examiner. BTW the Statement of Maryland publishes the addresses of CPAs on the State's website which was one of my G&S reasons the board rejected.

Not to pile on when you're down, bro, but if you are an owner, and I don't doubt that you are, you really should have stated so on your application and sent documentation to back it up and you would have received a permit.

The board reads pretty much every document submitted verbatim and I never heard anything that you were a principal in the company.

I would re-apply as a business owner.

highli99

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2015
    West Side
    Does not surprise me at all. Take the info I sent you and follow through ASAP.

I would also contact the HPRB admin and ask when the notice of your review was mailed to you and why you did not receive a hearing. If you need the contact info for the admin, let me know.

per your advice I have sent letters to the HPRB, Colonel Pallozzi, and Captain Stachurski. I also called the HPRB admin and left a message asking the questions you suggested. I assume they were closed today in rememberance of veterans day.

I also have an email in to the other person you mentioned asking for advice.

Text of the letter to HPRB is below for those interested:

To Whom it May Concern:

I am writing to express a deep concern over the lack of communication and status of my handgun permit application and to submit a third request for a hearing with the HRBP board.

I have not received any written response to my hearing request submitted initially on June 22, 2015 and re-submitted on July 17, 2015. I contacted your office via phone on August 12, 2015 to confirm the status of my appeal. An individual of your office acknowledged receipt of my appeal and informed me that due to a “backlog of 27 appeals” my hearing would not occur until November 2015. I was told that a hearing notice would be mailed to me in advance of my November hearing.

It has now come to my attention that my application hearing occurred during the HPRB meeting on September 15, 2015. I was not notified in advance (or afterwards) and thus was deprived of my right to testify at my own hearing. I am also deeply concerned that I was led to believe my hearing would be in November when it actually occurred in September. Moreover, the decision of the board, if any, has not been communicated to me.

I have been unjustly deprived of my legal right to provide testimony to the HRPB, which is deeply unfair and inconsistent with the appeals process outlined in Maryland law.

Accordingly, I am requesting a hearing with the HRBP board, as permitted under Maryland law, so that I have opportunity to provide testimony in support of my permit application. If necessary, my appeal should be re-heard by the HRBP.

highli99

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2015
    West Side
    Update on my appeal

I reached out an individual named Russell Neverdon in MD Deparmtment of Public Safety. He was very polite and promised to look into my situation. I have asked for a re-hearing given the administrative errors which appears to be a possibility. This is fortunate because I am hoping for chance to submit additional documentation that will meet the G&S requirements.

My timeline for hearing back is 10 to 14 days so i will post here when i have a response from Russell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom