• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    Hey fellas I have a Yugo sks that I bought several years ago. I paid extra for hand select and got a really nice one with matching numbers, great blueing, nice stock, the little leather pouch containing sling, oil can and whatever else.The rifke also has the factory "night sights" which were "dead" when I got it. It is a great shooter. A fellow wants to trade me a JRC 40 cal with 500 rounds ammo for my sks with 200 rounds ammo and $200 boot. Opinions please

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    Thanks for the reply. I've read a little about the JRC but no first hand knowledge. Ive been wanting a pistol caliber carbine (been looking at Hi points) and the Yugo just collects dust. I just didnt want to lose my behindm

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    Ok lee2.Such as corrosive or steel case or something?

what i meant is that some guns prefer a certain type of ammo in their caliber.
    whether .22lr or .40sw.
    if he's had any issues with a certain brand.

Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    Amongst the Deplorables, SC.
    Early on I had issues feeding in my .45 jrc. Opened up the feed ramp and it's flawless with factory mags. If yours is misfeeding a lot take a look at the ramp too. Fun little gun with lots of options!

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    Oh gotcha lee2 thanks. And good to know brentona. Exactly how did you open up the feed ramp?

i would think slight polishing would be enough. each rifle differs and may not need anything.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    in my opinion the yugo sks is the bottom of the list as far as guality is concerned. meaning it wasnt chromed lined and was subject of corrosion, unlike the other sks variants.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    Really? Why would you keep it? I like to hear both sides of any decision

the SKS is a battle rifle but the JRC doesn't really do anything for me. I prefer the 7.62x39 over the .40 S&W. I think the only advantage for me would be using the mags for the rifle and a pistol.

just me....I don't own a .40 but a have a few SKS's and a few AKM's just wouldn't make sense for me.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    the SKS is a battle rifle but the JRC doesn't really do anything for me. I prefer the 7.62x39 over the .40 S&W. I think the only advantage for me would be using the mags for the rifle and a pistol.

just me....I don't own a .40 but a have a few SKS's and a few AKM's just wouldn't make sense for me.

whats your duty issue?

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    Oh gotcha lee2 thanks. And good to know brentona. Exactly how did you open up the feed ramp?

The established way is a buffing wheel or attachment for a dremel. Start with black emory paste, then a hard metal polishing paste or chromium oxide, and finish with white rouge. Best way to correct geometry for AK hammers that drag against the carrier as well.

This method is the only thing that has made any of the kel tec pistols I've owned anywhere near reliable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom