• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shemp

Feb 21, 2013
    Out There
    I was behind a guy in Sevena Park at BofA today. He had a Glock on his side,shirt tucked in. I was going to say something. I know the law does not specifically state that if you have a permit you can't open carry. But it is my understanding that LEO frowns upon it big time. He did have a very large cash deposit but I still think LEO would probably take his permit. Should I have said something? Just asking.

S&W19

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Baltimore County
    I was behind a guy in Sevena Park at BofA today. He had a Glock on his side,shirt tucked in. I was going to say something. I know the law does not specifically state that if you have a permit you can't open carry. But it is my understanding that LEO frowns upon it big time. He did have a very large cash deposit but I still think LEO would probably take his permit. Should I have said something? Just asking.

If he wasn't robbing the bank, what are you worried about? I'm pretty comfortable seeing people carrying, especially openly. He's not trying to hide something.

Shemp

Feb 21, 2013
    Out There
    I just didn't want the guy to get in trouble. I have my permit and would never think of open carrying in this state. Just sayin.

pro1742

Jan 19, 2013
    Carroll County
    They are not taking anything....I have mine as well....Marylands issues a carry permit and he is perfectly legal to carry open just as long as he is not in place that restricts carrying the firearm.

The only downside to open carry is that you will get questioned alot and a police officer is perfectly within his rights to stop and question you regarding the firearm.

Shemp

Feb 21, 2013
    Out There
    They are not taking anything....I have mine as well....Marylands issues a carry permit and he is perfectly legal to carry open just as long as he is not in place that restricts carrying the firearm.

The only downside to open carry is that you will get questioned alot and a police officer is perfectly within his rights to stop and question you regarding the firearm.

Would you open carry ?

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Would you open carry ?

Come to a state where it's common. I live in NC. A lot of folks, including me, do it frequently.

It seems to me, a lot of folks that can carry concealed always look down on those who open carry. I'm not saying that is what you are doing, but I have seen it happen.

Shemp

Feb 21, 2013
    Out There
    Come to a state where it's common. I live in NC. A lot of folks, including me, do it frequently.

It seems to me, a lot of folks that can carry concealed always look down on those who open carry. I'm not saying that is what you are doing, but I have seen it happen.

Not at all. I just know what state I live in. Md. One of the worst for CCW permit and would hate to see one of the few that got one,lose it for some stupid reason.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Not at all. I just know what state I live in. Md. One of the worst for CCW permit and would hate to see one of the few that got one,lose it for some stupid reason.

You have a valid point. I wasn't deliberately pointing you out. It's one of the pitfalls of an online forum...what sounds perfectly normal in spoken conversation sounds different when typed.

It's interesting to go from one area that is VERY gun friendly to one that is not. Even here in 'free' NC, there are areas where open carry would garner a response that would make even the most crazed MD politician salivate. That said, NC is a state that gives a concealed carry permit to anyone, provided they are not a prohibited person...basically it's "If you can clear a NICS check, you can get a permit".

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    If I had mine I'd open carry all day every day. What's the going rate on wrongful arrest from that? $25k a pop?

Feb 28, 2013

A Glock you say? Since when can you open-carry a handgun in this state?

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    I just didn't want the guy to get in trouble. I have my permit and would never think of open carrying in this state. Just sayin.

Mind your own business. If he has a carry permit, he knows the law and has made his choice. If people were more comfortable with it we'd all be better off, Don't fall into the sheeple line of thinking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom