• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr H

Banana'd
    This is unlikely to change, as tomorrow is the last day to file, but I'll do it as links just to be on the safe side.

Senate

De Grange running again, only one other filed to run (who is a R)

http://elections.state.md.us/elections/2014/primary_candidates/gen_listings_2014_1_01532.html

House

6 Ds running, including Beidle & Sophocleus (Love, as expected, is OUT), against (REUPDATED) 4 Rs

http://elections.state.md.us/elections/2014/primary_candidates/gen_listings_2014_1_01632.html

Post your homework here!

Last edited:

12a10

Apr 6, 2009
    AA County Crownsville
    The Republican who has filed for D32 is Larry Barber, retired from US Army,Very active in American Legion regional leadership,and a very strong 2A
    advocate and spokesperson. Strongly recommended!

MadCat0911

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2013
    Hanover
    Unless something changes by 9PM Love is out, so that's good.

Beidle is a squish, no doubt. Sophocleus is not much better, but I still consider him unreliable.

UPDATE... now 5 R candidates

Beidle and Sophocleus at least voted against sb-281. DeGrange's cloture BS was pretty obvious, so I think he's the bigger target.

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    I have DeGrange listed as one os just a few Democrats who voted against SB281 (FSA 2013). I have not been able to find a link to the official document showing all votes.

Edit: see posts 12 and 13 for details on why the end vote mattered far less

Last edited:

MadCat0911

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2013
    Hanover
    I have DeGrange listed as one os just a few Democrats who voted against SB281 (FSA 2013). I have not been able to find a link to the official document showing all votes.

Whoa, DeGrange voted against it, but he voted for cloture, even knowing that it would pass. His single vote for cloture, if flipped, could've ended SB281 and that bastard knew it. He played the political game to pretend he voted against SB281 while single-handedly delivering SB281 to Frosh.

As for the other votes, Beidle and Sophocleus voted against SB281, Love voted for it.

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY

His final vote does not matter; the Senate had sufficient votes to pass without him.

The only real chance we had to kill SB 281 in the Senate was via the filibuster. We came close, but both DeGrange and Middleton voted for cloture. Without those votes, we could have stopped it from becoming law. With DeGrange and Middleton's votes, SB 281 was inevitable. Their flip-flops later were just for show.

[Edit: MadCat beat me to it, but he got it right.]

Mr H

Banana'd
    Whoa, DeGrange voted against it, but he voted for cloture, even knowing that it would pass. His single vote for cloture, if flipped, could've ended SB281 and that bastard knew it. He played the political game to pretend he voted against SB281 while single-handedly delivering SB281 to Frosh.

As for the other votes, Beidle and Sophocleus voted against SB281, Love voted for it.

I was working them pretty hard last year (particularly Beidle), as were some others. But I'm positive they'll just as easily go with the D tide if there's enough pressure on them from above.

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012

His final vote does not matter; the Senate had sufficient votes to pass without him.

The only real chance we had to kill SB 281 in the Senate was via the filibuster. We came close, but both DeGrange and Middleton voted for cloture. Without those votes, we could have stopped it from becoming law. With DeGrange and Middleton's votes, SB 281 was inevitable. Their flip-flops later were just for show.

[Edit: MadCat beat me to it, but he got it right.]

Updated in MD election 2014 thread. Thanks for the clarification!

Use the link in the OP...

Ah, now I found it. I looked earlier and missed it.

thx

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    DeGrange isn't the worst, but not the best either.

The reps are who we need to get rid of...

If you're only looking at Senate floor votes then he is a stand up guy. Look into how he votes in committee then he is a complete turd who doesn't deserve to be in the Senate. He routinely flips votes In committee to send bills to the floor that will pass without his vote only to vote against it on the floor. That's his usual strategy so he can come back and say he voted against all the horrible bills.

Rick_Grimes

Mar 22, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    I know Walters (R) is retired Navy. Strong 2A.

Extremely Pro 2A. I can vouch for this as I know him personally. Stand up guy that I hope gets a lot of support. This is the kind of delegate that we need in north county. I am going to try to get him on these forums (if he is not already registered) so you folks can get to know him a little bit better.

eodtim

Mar 9, 2014
    Linthicum, MD
    Tim Walters

Hi all. I am indeed running for District 32 Delegate. I appreciate the kind words of a few of you on my behalf and the fight all the rest of you put forth. I will tell a little about myself. I am a retired Navy Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) Technician and spent a little time with a weapon or two over the years. I have supported both SEALs and Marines directly. I held the following qualifications; a diver, Master Parachutist, Small Arms Marksman Instructor (SAMI) as well as other skill sets. After retiring in 2005 I was a founding member of the Army's Asymmetric Warfare Group (AWG). I was the Lethality Assistant Product Manager. This was a dream job as we were making the case for improving the Army's carbine and changing it all together. I also worked suppressor systems for the Army and a new grenade.

I am a firm Constitutionalist when it comes to the 2nd Amendment. As someone else did on this thread I too worked District 32 representatives last year on SB281. I sent out a letter (attached...I hope) and called repeatedly to offer my own weapons (I own a few) as training aids and volunteered to put them in direct contact with some of the world's best combat marksmen.

The 2nd Amendment is quite clear in that we have the right to bear arms to defend ourselves against our government. This is not about the National Guard (an entity of the government), home defense or hunting. This is THE fundamental backbone to our governmental system of "checks and balances".

Please be kind on the paper as I banged it out in the final hours before the vote. Bottom line is this was a political position (e.g. solution) looking for a problem. And in the end the first steps to tyranny begin with taking the weapons from the citizenry.

I am going to work tirelessly on this issue and need all the support I can get to first stop any additional encroachment and secondly repeal this illegal assault on our rights. Lastly, I will work to change the conceal carry to at a minimum match the states around us and be run in a common sense manner. We should not have to wait on the courts to decide things AFTER sloppy and hasty legislature has been passed to meet an agenda (vs. solving a real problem).

I have a Facebook page titled "Citizens for Tim Walters". Currently working on a web page. I will ask for financial support and then volunteers as we get closer. I have heard in the last month that the "gun crowd" doesn't vote. I am telling them they are wrong. Let's show them.

I can be reached at waltersdistrict32@gmail.com.

Please vote for Tim Walters
    "The Last guy on the Ballot"

Citizens for Tim Walters
    Treasurer: Tim Walters

Attachments

• Gun Ban Response 130203 Tim Walters[1].pdf
      479.9 KB · Views: 92

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member