• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr H

Banana'd
    Be thankful you've had any interview, it means you go in the pending pile. My app was the day after yours, and received the same day yours was. My interviews were in April, and my references were contacted on May 2nd. Since then nothing. Same story for many others.

We need to remember (hard as it can be to swallow), that the MSP is, in essence, doing us a favor by holding these as 'pending'...

They have committed to wait for the Court decision (and possibly any new legislative changes that would result) before proceeding on any apps that come through as "other then G&S".

Right now, not being denied is a whole lot better than disapproved.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Another update...

Those of you who have had the "phone interview", did the trooper tell you that was the interview and no need for a face to face or did you just assume from the in depth questioning that that was it? Just wondering if I should be expecting a call back or not.

Read my post directly above yours. My trooper said the FTF meeting was not needed.

JJM82

Sep 20, 2011
    Jarrettsville
    Read my post directly above yours. My trooper said the FTF meeting was not needed.

Roger that. Yeah, I didn't ask him and he didn't say anything at the end of our conversation. Just thought he might have been waiting to talk to my wife first. Either way, I'm just happy that I got any call at all. At least now I know they have seen and read my app.

duckmd

Feb 26, 2011
    Sending my application in the mail today. I did the photo and live scans yesterday. I don't expect to get approved, but not afraid to try.

edit**After I left the post office I went back to my office to find live scan receipt still sitting on my desk. I had to go back to the post office, get my envelope back, and then re do. I really should have had a cup of coffee before doing anything official.

After applying on 3/20, I got a call from a state trooper yesterday. He couldn't have been any nicer. I also got a call from on my references that they also contacted him yesterday. He also left me wife a voice mail. Getting her to return the call will be complicated. She really doesn't like guns.

Last edited:

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    After applying on 3/20, I got a call from a state trooper yesterday. He couldn't have been any nicer. I also got a call from on my references that they also contacted him yesterday. He also left me wife a voice mail. Getting her to return the call will be complicated. She really doesn't like guns.

Best of luck with that

duckmd

Feb 26, 2011
    Best of luck with that

The irony is that she has bought me 2 guns. I think recent events have scared her. She also hates the amount of time I spend hunting (which isn't enough), and associates that with guns.

I think holloday stress has got the best of her, she will come around.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD

Don't worry about the last. She'll most likely be asked if you have a history of alcoholism or violence. As long as you don't and she answers truthfully, you have no worries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom