• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Okay, getting ready to spring some $$$ for Uncle Sam to grant me a stamp to build a suppressor (or more, eventually)...

I just want to be sure, as I'd prefer to do the app online, that I do it correctly... I am doing this under my trust, so the mfr will be the trust name, then when I click verify, it will say it is not able to verify and it will take longer to process the application.

As I have perused this part of the form, it would appear that once I register that trust name with the ATF as the mfr, that it will be verified and then it will be coming up on the list of drop downs that is presented on the online app... am I correct?

How much does it delay a current form 1 to 'verify' the mfr, which is an entity, my trust?

Or, am I totally off base.. lol

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Okay, getting ready to spring some $$$ for Uncle Sam to grant me a stamp to build a suppressor (or more, eventually)...

I just want to be sure, as I'd prefer to do the app online, that I do it correctly... I am doing this under my trust, so the mfr will be the trust name, then when I click verify, it will say it is not able to verify and it will take longer to process the application.

As I have perused this part of the form, it would appear that once I register that trust name with the ATF as the mfr, that it will be verified and then it will be coming up on the list of drop downs that is presented on the online app... am I correct?

How much does it delay a current form 1 to 'verify' the mfr, which is an entity, my trust?

Or, am I totally off base.. lol

You can't do a form 1 for a suppressor. You have to do a form 4 and it's not available online until sometime next year. If you are trying to build a SBR, the mfr is the actual mfr of your lower. If it's a spikes tactical, that's what you would put down. I hope I understood your question correctly.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Are you sure about that? I am going to make the suppressor, not buy one and transfer it. I have a friend who has done several that way(and also form 4'd some that he purchased), but he's old school and does them by mail, I'd rather cut the wait time and do it online if possible..

The online form 1 does allow for a silencer to be manufactured, but the Manufacturer (since the ATF does not yet know my trust) is what I am a bit unsure about... it does give me the option to use my trust name as the manufacturer (as the trust will be building the silencer), but obviously it cannot verify that yet, since this is my first form 1 with the trust. I see other trust names as verified mfr's on the drop down list of mfrs when I work the app online, so I am guessing that is how it may work..

I know I can call the BATFE and ask, but I figured someone here has already been down this road since the online apps became available.. lol

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Are you sure about that? I am going to make the suppressor, not buy one and transfer it. I have a friend who has done several that way(and also form 4'd some that he purchased), but he's old school and does them by mail, I'd rather cut the wait time and do it online if possible..

The online form 1 does allow for a silencer to be manufactured, but the Manufacturer (since the ATF does not yet know my trust) is what I am a bit unsure about... it does give me the option to use my trust name as the manufacturer (as the trust will be building the silencer), but obviously it cannot verify that yet, since this is my first form 1 with the trust. I see other trust names as verified mfr's on the drop down list of mfrs when I work the app online, so I am guessing that is how it may work..

I know I can call the BATFE and ask, but I figured someone here has already been down this road since the online apps became available.. lol

My apologies. I didnt' know you were actually making the suppressor yourself. :sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom