• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • doofoo

Dec 28, 2009
    Thanks for the heads up.. Just noticed this thread. Ordered one to be transferred through Joe @ Sureshot as well. Great deal..

Never purchased from Silencershop, nice touch how they send you your serial number at time of purchase too. Makes me feel a little closer given the long wait.

Feel free to post up more good deals. :)

doofoo

Dec 28, 2009
    Mine is ordered and forms submitted.

Did you use Silencershop Direct? Never used that, interested in the process if anyone in MD has.

Ordered Ti-Rant 9 and had sent to Sureshot, just got notice today Form 3 is queued for submission.

TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    Did you use Silencershop Direct? Never used that, interested in the process if anyone in MD has.

Ordered Ti-Rant 9 and had sent to Sureshot, just got notice today Form 3 is queued for submission.

I did. Seems pretty painless. They add $70 to the purchase price and NFA tax. After form 3 is approved they submit the form 4. After it is approved they send it all to a contracted FFL in MD that is "local" for final delivery. The local FFL charges nothing else. The local FFL is 32 miles from my home.

When you add that $70 to most of Silencershops prices, it still makes sense to buy local, but the deal on the Tirant is just way too good.

doofoo

Dec 28, 2009
    I did. Seems pretty painless. They add $70 to the purchase price and NFA tax. After form 3 is approved they submit the form 4. After it is approved they send it all to a contracted FFL in MD that is "local" for final delivery. The local FFL charges nothing else. The local FFL is 32 miles from my home.

When you add that $70 to most of Silencershops prices, it still makes sense to buy local, but the deal on the Tirant is just way too good.

Okay - I wasn't clear on that after speaking with a local FFL and Silencershop. There was some confusion that the $70 fee covered the local transfer as well. I guess this settles that. Maybe I'll purchase another TiRant since the price is so good. :)

TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    Clandestine, which in your opinion is better to use with a tirant9, a glock factory threaded barrel or aftermarket?

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Clandestine, which in your opinion is better to use with a tirant9, a glock factory threaded barrel or aftermarket?

Factory is best for reliability IMO, they are also tennifered and are hard. If you want better accuracy I like Storm Lake, but they can be finicky with some ammo and require some mouth/throating. They also offer them in a black nitride finish (All mine have throated and nitrided S.L. Barrels in 13.5 because I couldn't find Glock Factory Barrels about a year ago).

Silencerco and PSA has some new barrels out too, but I haven't messed with them yet.

I prefer the Nitrided and Tennifer finishes on pistol barrels as the recoil lug and threads tend to hold up better compared to a Stainless Barrel.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Factory is best for reliability IMO, they are also tennifered and are hard. If you want better accuracy I like Storm Lake, but they can be finicky with some ammo and require some mouth/throating. They also offer them in a black nitride finish (All mine have throated and nitrided S.L. Barrels in 13.5 because I couldn't find Glock Factory Barrels about a year ago).

Silencerco and PSA has some new barrels out too, but I haven't messed with them yet.

I prefer the Nitrided and Tennifer finishes on pistol barrels as the recoil lug and threads tend to hold up better compared to a Stainless Barrel.

You're mean man, just mean!!!!!!

I wish I knew where the hell I was going to be in 8 months. Or however long it's taking to get the stamps back from ATF.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    You're mean man, just mean!!!!!!

I wish I knew where the hell I was going to be in 8 months. Or however long it's taking to get the stamps back from ATF.

I thought you were back home? You are always welcome to shoot whatever I have till you can get your own. :)

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I thought you were back home? You are always welcome to shoot whatever I have till you can get your own. :)

I am. My plan was to go out to Colorado, I was accepted to Colorado School of Trades. When I got back from Nebraska, working with that 1911 pistol
    smith I was taking classes from, I found out my land lady's cancer is back.

My landlord is 88 and I figure his wife is a few years younger. She is starting Chemo and I really didn't have the heart to move while this is going on. They've outlived almost all their kids, they have one son left out of 6 kids and he lives an hour north.

I've been here since 2006 and these people are like family to me now. I postponed the school and am job hunting now. If no jobs come up, I am enrolled already in the local community college for January's semester. That way I can get my GI Bill stipend started and have a little more money coming in on top of the retirement.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I am. My plan was to go out to Colorado, I was accepted to Colorado School of Trades. When I got back from Nebraska, working with that 1911 pistol
    smith I was taking classes from, I found out my land lady's cancer is back.

My landlord is 88 and I figure his wife is a few years younger. She is starting Chemo and I really didn't have the heart to move while this is going on. They've outlived almost all their kids, they have one son left out of 6 kids and he lives an hour north.

I've been here since 2006 and these people are like family to me now. I postponed the school and am job hunting now. If no jobs come up, I am enrolled already in the local community college for January's semester. That way I can get my GI Bill stipend started and have a little more money coming in on top of the retirement.

You are a good man my friend. I am rooted here due to those I love, otherwise the Wife, Kids, and I would have moved.

Do you live around me? If so and your wanting to learn more in lieu of your postponed school, I would put in a word for you at Scotts to apprentice. Its not enough income for a fulltime job, but its a great learning experience.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I'm really considering taking advantage of that sale. Torn between the Ti-Rant 45 and the Osprey 45. :banghead:

Tirant9 is more quiet than the Osprey 9, and the offset Osprey9 Suppressor still needs tall suppressor sights.

Tirant9 is user serviceable which means its good for .22 rimfire. If you buy a Tirant 45 and shoot 9mm through it, its only a decibel louder compared to a dedicate 9mm tirant.

Last edited:

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    You are a good man my friend. I am rooted here due to those I love, otherwise the Wife, Kids, and I would have moved.

Do you live around me? If so and your wanting to learn more in lieu of your postponed school, I would put in a word for you at Scotts to apprentice. Its not enough income for a fulltime job, but its a great learning experience.

I appreciate it but I'm about an hour and a half to two hours south of Glen Burnie. If I was closer, I would take you up on the offer in a heartbeat!!!

Immersion

You have that power too
    Oct 10, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Tirant is more quiet and the offset Osprey can still needs tall suppressor sights.

Tirant is user serviceable which means its good for .22 rimfire. Its only a decibel louder firing 9mm through it compared to a dedicate 9mm tirant.
    Good deal. Thanks for the reply!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom