• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The MD copycat law says OAL <29". That means 29" should be legal.

But who knows what these people think.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Been trying to get ahold of 'my' investigator(or whatever they're called) but, no such luck. Every time I call, I get switched over to the guy's desk only to get his voice mail. Maybe away for holiday still?? I'll give it a couple days, then try again. Last thing I need is being charged with harassing the BATF(kidding I hope).

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    Been trying to get ahold of 'my' investigator(or whatever they're called) but, no such luck. Every time I call, I get switched over to the guy's desk only to get his voice mail. Maybe away for holiday still?? I'll give it a couple days, then try again. Last thing I need is being charged with harassing the BATF(kidding I hope).

Any update? I'm really anxious to hear what the problem/resolution was since I submitted a e-file form 1 on 11 November.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Any update? I'm really anxious to hear what the problem/resolution was since I submitted a e-file form 1 on 11 November.

Nope. Won't answer his phone, won't return my calls. I'm just gonna resubmit with a few changes.:shrug:

BTW, sumitted 19 October, denied 30 November. Less than a month and a half?

rsj1231

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2013
    Harford County
    A month and a half is pretty good. All my e-filed forms have been returned in about a month.

The fastest paper form 4 from pending to approved I've gotten was just under 4 months.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    A month and a half is pretty good. All my e-filed forms have been returned in about a month.

The fastest paper form 4 from pending to approved I've gotten was just under 4 months.

No too shabby. My last 4 took around six months.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    Nope. Won't answer his phone, won't return my calls. I'm just gonna resubmit with a few changes.:shrug:

BTW, sumitted 19 October, denied 30 November. Less than a month and a half?

5 weeks seems to be the average time for efile on arfcom.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    How do I add multiple barrel lengths to my form 1? It will let me type "multi" for the caliber, but won't let me for barrel length.

Don't type multi caliber you will most likely be denied.

What Wayne said. I actually asked the BATFE and they told me I had to pick an actual caliber. Having said that, they should delete that option from the drop-down menu.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    How do I add multiple barrel lengths to my form 1? It will let me type "multi" for the caliber, but won't let me for barrel length.

From what I've read here BenL, Just go with your shortest barrel on the form 1. You may build as many uppers/calibers for you SBR as you wish.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    1) Do your trust.

2) Go to someplace like Kinko's with a copy of your executed trust. Tell them you want it scanned to a file size less than 3 megabytes. Or to multiple <3MB files.

3) eFile

Pinecone: I've got 15 pages of Trust of which pp. 13,14 and 15 are the Certification of Trust/Declaration of Trust. Then I have an Assignment Sheet and a Schedule of Beneficiaries sheet.

If I go to UPS Store or the like, am I asking them to scan each page individually to less than 3 megabytes or the total of 15 pages to less than 3 megabytes (on an SD card, I presume)? I assume that I efile all 15 pages to the ATF, but not sure.

Hawkeye said that he PDF'd his Trust, so it is ready for eFile any time. That sounds nice.

I'm just learning this process as you can see.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Pinecone: I've got 15 pages of Trust of which pp. 13,14 and 15 are the Certification of Trust/Declaration of Trust. Then I have an Assignment Sheet and a Schedule of Beneficiaries sheet.

If I go to UPS Store or the like, am I asking them to scan each page individually to less than 3 megabytes or the total of 15 pages to less than 3 megabytes (on an SD card, I presume)? I assume that I efile all 15 pages to the ATF, but not sure.

Hawkeye said that he PDF'd his Trust, so it is ready for eFile any time. That sounds nice.

I'm just learning this process as you can see.

Take it to kinko's. Have them copy and convert to PDF and email it to you. Save it to downloads and upload it from there to the storm. Mine is almost 20 pages and comes way under 3mbs total. Easy peasy japanesey.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Take it to kinko's. Have them copy and convert to PDF and email it to you. Save it to downloads and upload it from there to the storm. Mine is almost 20 pages and comes way under 3mbs total. Easy peasy japanesey.

outrider58: Only interested in purchasing (Form 4) -- not building. Purchase considered is a silencer. Live in small town. I think we have a UPS Store, but not a Kinkos. Also, have a Walmart, but who doesn't? Staples was here, but closed.

What is "to the storm?" When I have Trust converted to PDF am I supposed to include ALL of the following in the PDF:
    1. The Trust
    2. Certification of Trust/Declaration of Trust
    3. Assignment Sheet
    4. Schedule of Beneficiaries and Distributive Shares
    5. Form 5330.20 Certificate of Compliance (reading where the ATF is
    requiring this more often and should include it)

Thank you.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Sorry. To the 'eform'. Darned auto correct. Misunderstood-First time using efile thread.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009

Yep. You and I are working off of the same trust, so you should be able to do this too.

I did it at a Kinko's (I was pressed for time or I would have done it on one of our copiers at work), but anywhere that can scan will work. Hell, if you have a scanner at home it will work.

What you want to do is scan the entire thing as one big document (with the possible exception of your Schedule A, which you can keep as a separate one to make it easier to re-scan should you change it by adding or removing something). I did mine on the highest resolution that the flatbed scanner at Kinko's would handle, and it's well under 3MB. Save it to a thumb drive (or more preferably, somewhere in the cloud) and you're all set.

Then you can take your original home, put it in the safe, and only ever take it out if you need to change the Schedule A. When I did an eForm, I just submitted the pdf. When I did a paper Form 4 at a local dealer, I printed out a new copy from the pdf and used that. Super easy.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Yep. You and I are working off of the same trust, so you should be able to do this too.

I did it at a Kinko's (I was pressed for time or I would have done it on one of our copiers at work), but anywhere that can scan will work. Hell, if you have a scanner at home it will work.

What you want to do is scan the entire thing as one big document (with the possible exception of your Schedule A, which you can keep as a separate one to make it easier to re-scan should you change it by adding or removing something). I did mine on the highest resolution that the flatbed scanner at Kinko's would handle, and it's well under 3MB. Save it to a thumb drive (or more preferably, somewhere in the cloud) and you're all set.

Then you can take your original home, put it in the safe, and only ever take it out if you need to change the Schedule A. When I did an eForm, I just submitted the pdf. When I did a paper Form 4 at a local dealer, I printed out a new copy from the pdf and used that. Super easy.

Based of of my message #97 above whereby I have the list, I guess I will have to obtain Form 5330.20 Certificate of Compliance and fill it out in advance, so that it can be attached to the other Trust items in PDF form. Then, I get Schedule A PDF'd separately at UPS Store. So, in effect, I wind up with two PDF documents on my thumb drive (done at the same service store). Do I have this right?

EDIT: Pinecone pointed out that I don't need Form 5330.20, being an entity. Bottom line, I'll get the Declaration of Trust, the Certification of Trust/Declaration of Trust, and Schedule of Beneficiaries and Destributive Shares PDF'd as one complete file at UPS Store. Then, I'll get Schedule A PD'd in a second separate file. That's my take.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom