• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DGI

Jan 19, 2010
    Reisterstown MD
    Will be setting up my trust soon and I am itching to get my hands on an SBR.

Figured since I can buy a factory Colt, why not...

Whats everyone's experience with this one? I'll be building a MK18 upper for it eventually but figure this would give me a great base.

Opinions?

deltapeej

Feb 17, 2013
    Germantown, MD
    I like my Colt 6933 but I run the factory 11.5" upper on it. If you plan on building an upper, have you considered SBR'ing just a lower receiver? Why spend at least $1000 on a factory Colt when you just plan on replacing the upper?

Added bonus if you SBR a lower on a Form 1 using a trust you can e-file. Just a few things to think about.

DGI

Jan 19, 2010
    Reisterstown MD
    I've considered buying a Billet Matched Receiver Set and going that route, but I have a feeling the cost will surpass what a $1200 colt will go for.

Filing online may be quicker so that certainly is something to think about. Something about not having to get the lower engraved attracts me too however.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    A factory SBR (from just about any company) will have better resale than a Form 1 if it ever comes to that. No one else wants your trust name engraved on their gun;) The price for a Colt SBR isn't a bad deal. Even if you put other uppers on it eventually. Im no Colt fanboi but the name is worth more to a large group of people. I sure wish I had a real registered receiver Colt M16.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom