• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I was hoping to get my hands on one of those DDLES Glock lowers but I can't find one. Double Diamond doesn't answer the phone or respond to emails. I guess this project is going to be on hold for a while.

DDLES is out of business.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    Okay so let's discuss.

Is there a particular brand of upper everyone wants? Handguards, brand, model, length? Anything else? Barrel 5.5"?

Let's talk barrel lengths first, because that's what all of us are going to need regardless of handguards and that jazz - I'm thinking it will be easier and more profitable if you do a group buy on barrels only. We all have our own individual tastes in uppers, handguards, etc.

I for one, know that a barrel in the 7.5" area is likely as long as I'd like - can an integrally suppressed 9mm barrel be that short? I don't know much about them to be honest. Is there a barrel portion and a suppressor portion? User serviceability is not a big deal, but definitely a factor.

Perhaps we should move this to a dedicated thread?

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    Let's talk barrel lengths first, because that's what all of us are going to need regardless of handguards and that jazz - I'm thinking it will be easier and more profitable if you do a group buy on barrels only. We all have our own individual tastes in uppers, handguards, etc.

I for one, know that a barrel in the 7.5" area is likely as long as I'd like - can an integrally suppressed 9mm barrel be that short? I don't know much about them to be honest. Is there a barrel portion and a suppressor portion? User serviceability is not a big deal, but definitely a factor.

Perhaps we should move this to a dedicated thread?

I'll make a thread in my IP section.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Dave, I currently have a 10-22 takedown at Innovative for an integral suppressor. Can't wait to get it back. Planning on sending them parts for a 9mm integral build. Need to pick out parts first.

I have an LRM-169 Integral suppressed upper for my AR. It is FA rated. So, as soon as I get my M16 outta jail I will see how that runs.

My Integral 22 upper from Innovative Arms should be done soon I am told. The Form 3 was approved a couple of weeks ago, just waiting for it to show up in the mail. The tube for the suppressor is getting anodized and should be back this week. Phillip says it shoots slower than most 22 MGs. While most like Norrell 10/22s and 180s shoot around 900RPM this is more like a M16 rate at about 600-700RPM.

Cant wait.

Dave

P.S: Just the upper below. He mounted it on one of his rifles to show me the overall look. :D

Attachments

• Try2.jpg
      Try2.jpg
      67.7 KB · Views: 110

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Phillip says it shoots slower than most 22 MGs. While most like Norrell 10/22s and 180s shoot around 900RPM this is more like a M16 rate at about 600-700RPM.

Having it shoot a little slower is a good thing IMHO. I'd like to get mine down around 600RPM. Any idea what is making it run slower?

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Having it shoot a little slower is a good thing IMHO. I'd like to get mine down around 600RPM. Any idea what is making it run slower?

Not sure yet. Just going by what the builder passed on. Will have to see when I get it back. Might be the CMMG conversion kit I used. Will ask his opinion next time I talk with him.

Hopefully it is on its way soon.

Dave

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    Looks Good Dave. Just got my Ruger back a couple weeks ago. Haven't had time to take it out yet.

Attachments

• suppressedtakedown.jpg
      suppressedtakedown.jpg
      50 KB · Views: 85

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Looks Good Dave. Just got my Ruger back a couple weeks ago. Haven't had time to take it out yet.

Sweet! I do want to get my 10/22 TD done as well. Having an issue with the front and back stocks not lining up correctly. Bottom of joint gap seems wider than the top. It works just does not look right.

Will let you know how the new upper works as soon as I can get my hands on it. Might be a while but I hope not.

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom