• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • F8L_Funnel

Jan 28, 2013
    I have a PSE RTS Stinger 3G HP bow and I will not be using it for a very long time to come. Is there anything I should consider when I put it in storage or just leave it as is?

frdfandc

Fish It
    Aug 27, 2011
    Elkton, MD
    I leave mine as is. Just store it in a cool/dry place like a basement.

Mine was stored in it's case for almost 5 years before I dug it back out. Shot just as good as when I put it away.

bigdaddycoolfm

Mar 24, 2014
    i would have the strings checked out after you store it for awhile.. i had a Martin Cougar and had it hanging up for a couple years in basement (cool&dry). took it out and pulled a couple arrows through it.. then the string snapped. ripped a gash in my face almost took out my eye.. so moral of the story have your strings checked..

F8L_Funnel

Jan 28, 2013
    Thank you everyone. I will definitely look into the wax and how to turn down the resistance.

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    wax the string, oil the cams and screws and back the weight off to minimum. If it does sit for any period of time, i suggest you get a new string for it anyway. I have known strings to dry rot and break and snap limbs. not sure if this is a concern with fast flite but the old b50 string would.

Praeger

Apr 7, 2014
    Howard County
    All good advise here, but before you back of the limb bolts a few turns, make sure they aren't already backed off. Most bows don't recommend going past 4 full turns from full tight. Some can go more, check your manual.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Depends how long you store it and where...but if its over a year Id suggest changing the string after the long term storage and before you pull the bow for the first time after storage just to be safe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom