• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kraftyone

Mar 9, 2013
    I am looking for a budget minded MD compliant AR for a Christmas present. Has anyone come across a MD compliant AR in any shops for under $700.00? Looking to buy in maryland so as not to have to deal with transfers. It doesnt have to be bought today as I know it is the day before christmas but it was promised as a present. Was going to get a lower receiver and help with the build but FFL said they could not sell the lower to a 19 year old and I want the gun to be in his name not mine.

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    I am looking for a budget minded MD compliant AR for a Christmas present. Has anyone come across a MD compliant AR in any shops for under $700.00? Looking to buy in maryland so as not to have to deal with transfers. It doesnt have to be bought today as I know it is the day before christmas but it was promised as a present. Was going to get a lower receiver and help with the build but FFL said they could not sell the lower to a 19 year old and I want the gun to be in his name not mine.

I'm afraid your price point is too low for the place I usually shop, but you might want to check this out anyway:
    http://foxfirearms.com/17-tactical-weapon

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    That's a tough price point. Just under what I see a lot of stuff going for.

Lou at shooters discounts had some LE trade in colts that were close to that point.

You might also try andy at engage.

kraftyone

Mar 9, 2013
    I know its a tough price but it is a starter gun and I didnt pay more than that for my DPMS when I bought it. Sad thing is I know it can be built in that price range. But like I said the ffl said he cant do the paperwork for a stripped lower. Sucks cause he really wants to build it from scratch. But in this state I would rather the gun be in his name from the word go instead of having to transfer it to him later.

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    I thought some ffls were transferring stripped lowers now and they just need to be built in hbar form? Maybe you could find another dealer who would do that.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    You can come close to that price point if you point a complete lower locally and buy a complete upper online.

kraftyone

Mar 9, 2013
    I thought some ffls were transferring stripped lowers now and they just need to be built in hbar form? Maybe you could find another dealer who would do that.

I have bought stripped lowers from this dealer I just dont want this in my name but in my sons since it will be his gun. The ffl said he could not do the 77r as a 19 yr old if that is wrong let me know and I will look somewhere else.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    Federal law forbids the sale or transfer by a licensee of a firearm other than a Long Gun to someone under 21. A Frame is an other.

If you stretch your budget another a tad, you can get a Windham HBC if anyone has 'em. Engage Armament might.

The Windhams we have are $850 cash/check, kind of a far cry off from $700.

kraftyone

Mar 9, 2013
    Federal law forbids the sale or transfer by a licensee of a firearm other than a Long Gun to someone under 21. A Frame is an other.

Thats what I figured Nate thanks for the actual answer. I didnt want to put it in my name with the way laws are and have to worry if down the road he will be able to take possession of it.

kraftyone

Mar 9, 2013
    I know we can build it budget minded and stay on budget. I have parts on hand for some of the build. Just wanted it to be in his name from the get go.

Gmercury2000

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2013
    Gambrills
    Def go see Lou. I got one of hie le trades for 800. Little higher than you stated but good rifle at a great price. Local shop near me had some Delton mid & carbine hbars for about 750-800 if I recall correctly. Can pm the info if interested but would try an ip first.

Z_Man

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2014
    Harford County
    You can always get all the parts and have us build it into an HBAR so he can do the paperwork on it.

question for you, what would you charge for that service?

this is assuming all parts are purchased minus the lower, engage assembles onto their lower, now engage manufactured HBAR.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    question for you, what would you charge for that service?

this is assuming all parts are purchased minus the lower, engage assembles onto their lower, now engage manufactured HBAR.

Lowers are $120 plus sales tax and $10 MSP. It would depend on what is actually being built ie if the upper has to be built. Typically it would run $95 for upper and lower buildout. We also have prebuilt complete lowers, so if it's as simple as you bringing in a complete HbAr upper and slapping it together, it would obviously be cheaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom