• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Yes, the show is $9 now, but he is giving $1 to MSI I belive.

I get what you're saying believe me.

But the extra $2 is NOT going to Frank. It is going to the MLFDA (Maryland Licensed Firearms Dealer Association) to help pay for the lawsuit against the Freedom Suppression Act of 2013.

Not a penny goes to Frank. I've seen him make out the check with my own eyes.

LoneRanger, read the above ^^^ quoted posts. If you have a problem with the extra 1 or 2 dollars admission fee, BLAME ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am the reason for the slight increase in show cost attendance, for I was the one to get Frank (Silverado) to raise the admission fee to help out with the FSA 2013 Lawsuit. I, the owner of Shooters Discount, make a donation of 2 dollars for every gun we sell at gun shows to the lawsuit. If you have any problems with this, then you may as well turn in your guns to the authorities now and join the libtards. I sincerely hope after reading this explanation, you now see the added admission cost as a good thing and will support it.

Granted new gun laws have had an impact on gun shows but the folks running the shows also have to share in the blame for reduced turnout.

Tickets for the Nov 2012 Frederick show were $8. Come the Nov 2013 show and the price was jacked up 25% to $10. I'm sure there are a lot of folks like me that will spend 8 bucks for the entertainment but not 10.

Instead of raising it 25% he should have reduced it 25%.....

Last edited:

LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009
    LoneRanger, read the above ^^^ quoted posts. If you have a problem with the extra 1 or 2 dollars admission fee, BLAME ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am the reason for the slightly increase in show cost attendance, for I was the one to get Frank (Silverado) to raise the admission fee to help out with the FSA 2013 Lawsuit. I, the owner of Shooters Discount, make a donation of 2 dollars for every gun we sell at gun shows to the lawsuit. If you have any problems with this, then you may as well turn in your guns to the authorities now and join the libtards. I sincerely hope after reading this explanation, you now see the added admission cost as a good thing and will support it.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that doesn't know those facts. It still doesn't change the fact that the shows really haven't been a good value in some time.

I would find it easier to support the cause if you ran monthly/quarterly raffle for a case of ammo with tickets being $5-10.....

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    I'm sure I'm not the only one that doesn't know those facts. It still doesn't change the fact that the shows really haven't been a good value in some time.

I would find it easier to support the cause if you ran monthly/quarterly raffle for a case of ammo with tickets being $5-10.....

Of all the different calibers out there, it would be impractical to do because a lot of the people will be saying something to the fact of, "I don't have a gun in that caliber, if you would raffle this XXX caliber, I'd be in", along with other similar sorts of statements. Like I say, "One can please most of the people most of the time but not all the people all the time".

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    Silverado Gun Show's proprietor, Frank, does a lot more for the cause than most, and a lot of things that have never been mentioned.

Frank donates part of the admission price to organizations fighting for RKBA.

Frank provides free booth space to MSI whenever requested.

Frank serves on the Board of the local IWLA.

Frank goes to Annapolis to Annapolis to speak out against legislation.

I can't speak highly enough of Frank and his character.

Please attend the upcoming Frederick show and lend him and our cause your support.

LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009
    Of all the different calibers out there, it would be impractical to do because a lot of the people will be saying something to the fact of, "I don't have a gun in that caliber, if you would raffle this XXX caliber, I'd be in", along with other similar sorts of statements. Like I say, "One can please most of the people most of the time but not all the people all the time".

My son and I have supported gun shows for a long time, rarely missing any until the last year or so. I've even bought a 9mm from you at a Frederick show.

The fact is attendance at gun shows is way down....just look at the need for this thread and any threads from recent shows.

It's wonderful that the man that runs the shows funnels a lot of money toward the cause, but that fact alone is not going to bring more people in the door.

If you want to get attendance numbers back up....you need to be encouraging dealers to actually offer deals.......

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Would it be worth while to put an ad in the Capital Newspaper? Can MDShooters do an email blast to members? Hoping for the best. Put signs next to the brown signs.:)

Thanks Mark

Whitey

Collector and involved.
    Apr 5, 2014
    Central MD
    I'll be there for sure, even after York cleared me out last weekend. I'd take hugs from Mark any day, only cuz I know that Lou's hugs would kill a man. Is Precision making this Frederick show? Please support the dealers that drag their boxes of wares out for our pleasure. I know many dealers and know it is a lot of work. Even if the show sucks for them, they've already put in a lot of effort in preparation. There are still MANY goodies for sale in MD. You only know if you get off the couch and come check them out.

Also, the food is good.

-Whitey

smokedog

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2009
    Frederick Md
    I will be there. I always find something I need even if I don't know it going in.
    If this show disappears then where would you go for a in state show?

precisionfire

May 20, 2011
    Martinsburg WV
    I don't think the ammo is overpriced now. Not if you buy from Chris.

Reloading is another issue due to powder being not existent even to us. And the Special License that MD requires to sell it.

We do have primers there and some once fired cases.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    I don't think the ammo is overpriced now. Not if you buy from Chris.

Reloading is another issue due to powder being not existent even to us. And the Special License that MD requires to sell it.

We do have primers there and some once fired cases.

Chris is a good guy. but his dad is a grouch.
    Mark, i wanted to thank you for the stuff i got from you at york.:party29:

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    My son and I have supported gun shows for a long time, rarely missing any until the last year or so. I've even bought a 9mm from you at a Frederick show.

The fact is attendance at gun shows is way down....just look at the need for this thread and any threads from recent shows.

It's wonderful that the man that runs the shows funnels a lot of money toward the cause, but that fact alone is not going to bring more people in the door.

If you want to get attendance numbers back up....you need to be encouraging dealers to actually offer deals.......

I, owner of Shooters Discount, have deals going on guns just about all the time, whether at the shows or in the shop, it doesn't matter. Some current and good examples are NEW Gen3 Glock 21's .45acp with two mags and case at a cash or check price of $519.95. If one bought that same gun from another MD dealer, it would be at least $559.95 and most likely $599.95 to $649.95. Another really good deal is a NEW Howa model 1500 .308 Lightweights with Hogue Overmold moonlight camo stock, 2.5x10x42 scope, Harris type bipod, and an extra floorplate/magazine assembly that has a detachable mag included with it at a cash or check price of $659.95. There are really good deals to be had at the MD shows but not necessarily what you or another person may be in the market for. And even at these GOOD deals, I still donate $2.00 for every gun we sell at the shows to the MLFDA towards the lawsuit to fight this ******** no-good libtard piece-of-shit sonnavabitch muvva fukker that tried to have killed (murdered) the black media woman that he got knocked-up cuz he couldn't keep his dick in his pants phony sorry assed garbage ******* we have as a cock sukkin' governor with his lying shitsack friends that dreamed up this FSA2013.

Oh, and BTW, Brownell's has 500 rd bricks of .22LR on sale at $59.99 per brick. You guys poke fun at people selling a 500 rd Brick of .22LR at that price (which I agree as that's insanely high), but that is what a distributor is selling it for.

Read the quoted post below as it does get to a point.

I'll be there for sure, even after York cleared me out last weekend. I'd take hugs from Mark any day, only cuz I know that Lou's hugs would kill a man. Is Precision making this Frederick show? Please support the dealers that drag their boxes of wares out for our pleasure. I know many dealers and know it is a lot of work. Even if the show sucks for them, they've already put in a lot of effort in preparation. There are still MANY goodies for sale in MD. You only know if you get off the couch and come check them out.

Also, the food is good.

-Whitey

Not only is it just the work and preparation, but the financial costs that are directly related to doing a show. The current average costs directly related to doing a show that I incur is now right around the $900.00 mark. Some dealers at the shows have much higher costs.

Last edited:

LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009
    I, owner of Shooters Discount, have deals going on guns just about all the time, whether at the shows or in the shop, it doesn't matter. Some current and good examples are NEW Gen3 Glock 21's .45acp with two mags and case at a cash or check price of $519.95. If one bought that same gun from another MD dealer, it would be at least $559.95 and most likely $599.95 to $649.95. Another really good deal is a NEW Howa model 1500 .308 Lightweights with Hogue Overmold moonlight camo stock, 2.5x10x42 scope, Harris type bipod, and an extra floorplate/magazine assembly that has a detachable mag included with it at a cash or check price of $659.95. There are really good deals to be had at the MD shows but not necessarily what you or another person may be in the market for. And even at these GOOD deals, I still donate $2.00 for every gun we sell at the shows to the MLFDA towards the lawsuit to fight this ******** no-good libtard piece-of-shit sonnavabitch muvva fukker that tried to have killed (murdered) the black media woman that he got knocked-up cuz he couldn't keep his dick in his pants phony sorry assed garbage ******* we have as a cock sukkin' governor with his lying shitsack friends that dreamed up this FSA2013.

Oh, and BTW, Brownell's has 500 rd bricks of .22LR on sale at $59.99 per brick. You guys poke fun at people selling a 500 rd Brick of .22LR at that price (which I agree as that's insanely high), but that is what a distributor is selling it for.

Read the quoted post below as it does get to a point.

Not only is it just the work and preparation, but the financial costs that are directly related to doing a show. The current average costs directly related to doing a show that I incurs is now right around the $900.00 mark. Some dealers at the shows have much higher costs.

Exactly my point Lou. Your prices are the same....be it at a show or at your store. So why bother to drive past your store to Frederick, then pay $10 to buy something I could get for the same price at your store.

I'm not suggesting that dealers need to discount everything at the shows but you all should offer either advertised or unadvertised show specials of some nature.

This isn't 2012 anymore where people were lined up 50 deep outside the door of gun shows. If you want to get folks back in the door you need to go back to marketing 101..

TonyB.

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2012
    I think gun shows suck. I can buy the same stuff at any IP or on any website any day of the week for the same price and not have to pay admission or deal with crowds. But that said, I still go to every single one I can. I go to donate to the cause and show support. There are few people around here fighting for our rights. I am happy to give a few bucks to Frank and I will donate to MSI while I'm there. Before I leave I always make sure to stop and ask Lou some asinine questions in hopes of a witty response. Makes a good reason to get out of the house, especially during the winter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom