• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bboarder

Me Myself & I
    Mar 7, 2010
    Reisterstown
    The big issue with internet ordering is having never bought cowboy boots before and getting sizing over the internet is like shooting blind. Believe me, if I knew my sizing for a specific brand, I would buy it online in a heart beat.

I'm going to Carroll Tack to check out what they have since they are so close and hopefully i'll find what I like.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    Never owned them nor wanted to BUT this is the more modern method. :thumbsup:

web_harris-roach-killer.jpg

Bboarder

Me Myself & I
    Mar 7, 2010
    Reisterstown
    I grabbed a pair of Justin's at Carrol Tack this evening. Really nice folks.

I went with the justins because they had leather sole and were made in USA. Glad i went into a store, i tried on 6 different pairs and the owner worked with me on insoles to get the best fit.

I would recommend them all day long.

TonyB.

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2012
    How was the selection? I have been buying (and returning) online because I despise the idiots at Carols. I will go to Carrol Tack instead if the selection is ok.

bigdaddycoolfm

Mar 24, 2014
    they are work boots thats why the ones at Tractor Supply have the rubber no slip style soles.. There is a place on the way to JellyStone Campgound in New Jersey that i went to get my last pair called Cowboy Cowtown Outfitter..and i get it.. I like the Justin lace up Ropers witht he leather soles and they had them..
    http://www.cowtowncowboy.com/Content/39.htm

Bboarder

Me Myself & I
    Mar 7, 2010
    Reisterstown
    How was the selection? I have been buying (and returning) online because I despise the idiots at Carols. I will go to Carrol Tack instead if the selection is ok.

I think he had 20 or so different pairs for men, more for women.

I actually did the samething you were trying earlier in the year, go to Carrol Tack, they have a mix of boots for work/riding/going out. Sized up to 14. I've never been to Carols so i can't say either which way about their service. The best part was when he started talking about Taylor Swift, it was hilarious.

jtb81100

Ultimate Member
    May 28, 2012
    Western HoCo
    I've had a pair from Redwing since '01. I wear them 2-3 times a week and they are still in great shape. They haven't been abused or babied.

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    Another vote for Carrol County Tack. I have wide feet but the guy was able to stretch the pair I wanted just a bit in key points so they fit me well. He has the gear on hand to do it, took the time to let me keep trying them on, etc.

Selection was not huge but service was great! Don't think I would have had any luck going to Tractor Supply or online.

If I need it and Carrol County Tack sells it I will buy it there. Rare to find places where people can actually help you these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom