• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    They said a 3rd quarter release....they lied. They said at least 3 times in the past 4 years it was "imminent"....they lied. I will believe it when I can order one.

Also, I refuse to pay a dime more than MSRP. Speaking of which, the MSRP was supposed to be $450, then $495, then $515.....what is it now....$579???

Then there's the issue of the magazines. Yeah, I already have 3 for my PMR-30, but what about the ones that come with the CMR?? Buy out of town - IF you can find someone to sell it to you?

In case you can't tell - KelTec is on my sh*t list. I won't even get into them kicking the price of the KSG into the sky because of a threat of a ban. Magpul was looking at a ban and what did they do? Dropped the price...hell, they even gave em away to CO residents. (/rant)

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    Oh. And will it only shoot accurately the heavy Hornady FTX and Remington Game Shok ammo that is virtually non existent??? If I shoot the V-Max or Dynapoints out of the PMR, it patterns more than groups.

Panzer Radeo

National Wanderer
    Apr 21, 2014
    Keltec has great ideas but absolutely shitty execution. Their production is slow as hell and their quality control is even worse.

campns

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2013
    Germantown, MD
    in passing thought, I wonder if it will use the same mag as the PMR 30, that would make for a better rifle/pistol swap IMHO than a Hi-point boat anchor.

ThawMyTongue

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2009
    Dublin, OH
    It's a long gun (16" barrel and over 26" OAL) and it will SUPPOSEDLY use the same magazines as the PMR even though the action is actually different.

I'd like to pick one up once they come out and the price comes down... so like 2022...

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    Keltec has great ideas but absolutely shitty execution. Their production is slow as hell and their quality control is even worse.

That's about the sum of it... It's really a shame. Kellgren does not understand his limitations. He sucks as a builder. He borders on brilliance as a designer... His resume is impressive: TEC-9, CMR, PMR, PF-9, P3AT, KSG, RFB and Sub-2000 come to mind off the top of my head. If he partnered with a company that could execute his designs he would be a modern day JMB. But right now, his inability to bring designs to market makes him a novelty.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    This is a rimfire gun. Copycat tests, including OAL, do not apply. Yes, it could potentially be an awesome SBR - 30rd mags, < 3lbs, super short, etc.

MdPrep

Tactically Tactless
    Sep 24, 2014
    Nice little carbine. Why the wait for so long and the increasing prices?

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    Nice little carbine. Why the wait for so long and the increasing prices?

Design issues and possible weapons/magazine bans kept pushing it to the back burner. I understand those issues, but the shouldn't have kept showing it off at SHOT year after year and promising undeliverable release dates.

The increase in pricing? I can only assume the law of supply and demand is at work here.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Hell, they can't even deliver what's been in production for a few years so I'm not holding my breath on these. Does he build in his basement?

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    Hell, they can't even deliver what's been in production for a few years so I'm not holding my breath on these. Does he build in his basement?

They actually have a really nice facility in Coco, FL (I have been there). They just recently near doubled their building space. I am sure the past couple years have been frought with shutting down assembly areas to move them elsewhere on the property. That said, you don't expand like that and start showing off a bunch of new designs that you can not supply. Furthermore, you don't leapfrog one design over another that people have been waiting for. The KSG AND the RFB zoomed past the RMR - now CMR-30.

Basically don't hard sell what you can't deliver in a timely fashion.

ducrider45

Jul 29, 2011
    Severn
    Ha, ha, I was so confused by the name. I was only aware of the RMR-30. I posted a question about this a few months ago. I want one! I have the PMR-30 and can't wait for this rifle. Im happy to see more talk about it showing up in the press again.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    So I am hearing rumors again these are circulating (about 600 out to select dealers).

ARe these likely to be MD legal, been wanting one for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom