• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kevin

Manager at Duffy's
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2013
    Sparks, MD
    I know you asked for a specific area, and Duffy's isn't there, but since you've gotten no response, I figured I'd at least say that we do now offer engraving in-house.

CrawfishStu

Creeper
    Dec 4, 2006
    Crofton
    This is what I was operating by.

Your name or name of the Trust in the case of a Trust (no abbreviations are permitted for the Trust name);
    The city and state (you can abbreviate the state with the official 2 digit state code)

x2 on Duffy's for engraving. I thought there was a place in Pasadena that did laser engraving while you waited. I meant to check them out.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    This is what I was operating by.

Your name or name of the Trust in the case of a Trust (no abbreviations are permitted for the Trust name);
    The city and state (you can abbreviate the state with the official 2 digit state code)

x2 on Duffy's for engraving. I thought there was a place in Pasadena that did laser engraving while you waited. I meant to check them out.

I think there's a minimum depth for the engraving. I know it has to be at least 1/16 high and also deeper than laser engraving goes. I can't remember the exact depth right now.

It's good to know Duffy's is doing engraving now.

CrawfishStu

Creeper
    Dec 4, 2006
    Crofton
    I can easily find data to support that lasers used for engraving are capable of the proper depth in anodized aluminum commonly used in firearms manufacturing and I'm pretty sure they talked about this place being able to go deep enough. Good tip though on making sure to ask.

ducrider45

Jul 29, 2011
    Severn
    I took a long drive out to an IP. It was worth it. The replies did not make it back in time, but thanks anyway. This is still great information.

Scottysan

Ultimate Member
    May 19, 2008
    Maryland
    I can easily find data to support that lasers used for engraving are capable of the proper depth in anodized aluminum commonly used in firearms manufacturing and I'm pretty sure they talked about this place being able to go deep enough. Good tip though on making sure to ask.

I've heard the opposite, that laser engraving cannot get deep enough.
    This from friends who were having it done, at the time.

Has the requirement been eased?

spitfire481

Mar 31, 2012
    Glen Burnie Md
    A yag laser will hit that depth. A co2 laser will not, which is what most are it seems. Chesapeake laser engraving in Pasadena has done two of my sbr's with there yag machine

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    A yag laser will hit that depth. A co2 laser will not, which is what most are it seems. Chesapeake laser engraving in Pasadena has done two of my sbr's with there yag machine

Did they do it while you waited? I assume they don't have an FFL?

d_c

Jul 7, 2009
    Texas
    They do not have an ffl. Has to be while you wait. Just call ahead and set it up. It's only like a 15 minute process

Anyone know if Chesapeake Laser Engraving is still around? No luck getting them on the phone, and the website has disappeared.

Thanks.

spitfire481

Mar 31, 2012
    Glen Burnie Md
    Anyone know if Chesapeake Laser Engraving is still around? No luck getting them on the phone, and the website has disappeared.

Thanks.

They are a sublet of mandrel bending solutions. Give them a call instead. I haven't talked to my buddy there in a little while but I'm pretty sure they never got rid of the yag machine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom