• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tridentmp30

Jan 26, 2015
    Got the call for interview, they were asking for deposit slips labeled as cash deposits, but BofA doesn't differentiate between cash or check deposits on the slips. I turned in my statements which show $5-$30k in deposits a month. They had asked if I could show proof of it being cash, I said I don't think so. BofA won't give me anything stating cash deposit, what do I do?

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Write "CASH DEPOSIT" on the appropriate slips and take the copies in with you to the interview?

I wasn't asked to provide that in my interview and you are the first I have heard that has.

I do wish you well.

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    As I understand it you carry the necessary financial instruments to do you job.
    Cash, check, credit card. They should all count equally is what I have been told.
    Also do not let them pigeon hole you into carrying for deposits only. Let them know you need to have access to you business financial resources daily to conduct your business.

Get a letter from your bank and have it notarized stating that your business has regular cash flow. That should suffice. The trooper needs to "check" the box.

Just my two cents from what others have told me.
    Good luck.

Chris

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Got the call for interview, they were asking for deposit slips labeled as cash deposits, but BofA doesn't differentiate between cash or check deposits on the slips. I turned in my statements which show $5-$30k in deposits a month. They had asked if I could show proof of it being cash, I said I don't think so. BofA won't give me anything stating cash deposit, what do I do?

Just have BoA give you a letter that says you have an "active" business acct. No need to give them a numerical reason to deny. They have accepted letters of an active account from others. Also, is this just your face to face?

tridentmp30

Jan 26, 2015
    Just have BoA give you a letter that says you have an "active" business acct. No need to give them a numerical reason to deny. They have accepted letters of an active account from others. Also, is this just your face to face?

Yes this is my face to face, I will get the bank letter to say I have an active account, I also have some receipts for purchases in amounts of a couple thousand dollars that show it was a cash transaction. I could bring those as well. Other than that, my bank won't give me anything that states cash

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Unreal.

Sounds like it's actually getting WORSE rather than better.

"business currency" has always been the standard to know knowledge. Includes a blank company check.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Unreal.

Sounds like it's actually getting WORSE rather than better.

Sounds like middle and lower management decided to do some implementing of their own during the interim between Brown and Pallozzi. Under who's direction? Or did the lowest staff just go full-retard on their own? Sounds consistent with Mr. McCauley's post in the "modification" thread, i.e. that certain staff will need to be reassigned because they drank so much Kool-Aid they are beyond redemption?

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Yes this is my face to face, I will get the bank letter to say I have an active account, I also have some receipts for purchases in amounts of a couple thousand dollars that show it was a cash transaction. I could bring those as well. Other than that, my bank won't give me anything that states cash

This is your initial, face to face. Give as little info as possible. No receipts, just the letter. The trooper assigned to processing your app will request any info. I would take a business license or equivalent and the bank letter.

tridentmp30

Jan 26, 2015
    I already included a copy of my business license, 4 different months of bank statements, and everything else they requested. I will bring the letter from BofA that states I have a active account. I believe the person who called me today was my trooper assigned to me.

Do you think I should include the purchase receipts that clearly state cash.

jhcrab

Jun 28, 2012
    Howard Co.
    Wow, so a person without a business appears to have no chance of getting a permit. Guess I need to go out and wear a sign saying "assault and rob me", file police report and then I might have a chance. I can't believe that the Courts have allowed this bs continue.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Wow, so a person without a business appears to have no chance of getting a permit. Guess I need to go out and wear a sign saying "assault and rob me", file police report and then I might have a chance. I can't believe that the Courts have allowed this bs continue.
    You're just figuring this out?

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Initial implying that there is more than one, there is only more than one if you aren't approved the first time around. I wouldn't take that chance since it sounds like OP is applying under the traditionally approved G&S.

That being sad, I'd go the opposite of Tim's advice (no offense, tone can't be expressed over the net so sorry if the comes out wrong, not my intent) and overwhelm them with information. I almost had to fit my application in a small box instead of a priority mail envelope because I provide them so much information. My renewal will only have the minimum but the first time around I didn't want to take any chances.

I don't agree with the process but understand it is their game and to get what I wanted I had to play the game the way they wanted me to play the game.

Gotta keep in mind how they have worked in the past and currently work. You give them receipts totally $5,000, they may ask for $10,000. You show them 3 months of receipts, they may want 6. People here on the board have bee approved with just a bank letter.

OP, do what you feel you need to do and feel obligated. This is not a process where more "logical" information makes a difference.

ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    Unless this is a new policy you don't need cash to qualify. This is what it says on their website

1.Owner or employee of a business. You must submit photocopies of the Trader's, Business or Narcotics License or Articles of Incorporation to support Business ownership or as an authorized employee. You must also submit photocopies of six random deposit slips or deposits within a year for the business or a letter from the bank attesting that you have a business account. If you are an employee, you must submit a letter from your employer on the business letter head, verifying your employment and detailing the requirement or desire from the owner that you be armed.

I should also clarify that I received my permit as a business owner and the subsection making deposits.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Which, ....again is all so goddamn ridiculous.

If they are so gung ho on "investigating" everything and everyone applying, why don't they just have 4 lines on these apps?

Name, address, dob, SS#.

Done.

I know damn well anyone can find out enough about me and most others on this board that are in business, the corporate charter is public record for God's sake. Rental properties? Yup, that'll show as an absentee owner. This is all a ******** dog and pony show so they can try scare people away or trip you up on something. (Period).

pro1742

Jan 19, 2013
    Carroll County
    On the application form it always stated either letter from your bank stating you do cash transactions (because cash withdraws count too) or 6 deposit reciepts showing cash deposits. I have always provided both. It is highly unusal for a Bank not to account for it being a cash deposit or not, because they are required to track all cash deposits.

You also do not want to show to highof a dollar fiqure of cash transactions because if they are too high they will take the postion that you should be hiring an armoured service to perform those for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom