• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    I did a search and didn't see any threads specifically mentioning this so I figured I would give a heads up. I had $30 in Dick's rewards that was going to expire so I went and checked out their guns. I noticed a weird looking 870, and it took me a while to realize it was a 7 shot model that had a different barrel and magazine tube. It seems like their tactical models no longer use a magazine extension. This one comes with a one piece magazine extension.

Although you can't switch barrels with other 870s, it doesn't really bother me considering new barrels cost almost as much as a new gun.

Attachments

• REMINGTON-870-EXPRESS-e1378339451771.jpg
      REMINGTON-870-EXPRESS-e1378339451771.jpg
      25.5 KB · Views: 345

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I did a search and didn't see any threads specifically mentioning this so I figured I would give a heads up. I had $30 in Dick's rewards that was going to expire so I went and checked out their guns. I noticed a weird looking 870, and it took me a while to realize it was a 7 shot model that had a different barrel and magazine tube. It seems like their tactical models no longer use a magazine extension. This one comes with a one piece magazine extension.

Although you can't switch barrels with other 870s, it doesn't really bother me considering new barrels cost almost as much as a new gun.
    Have one and love it. It now has front and rear pistol grips. :cool:

putneyswope

Dismember
    Aug 7, 2010
    I too had one and sold it. I did manage to install a wilson combat +1 extension on it while I had it which was good. Eventually I got rid of it because I was bummed by not being able to swap barrels for skeet shoots and whatnot.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    I too had one and sold it. I did manage to install a wilson combat +1 extension on it while I had it which was good. Eventually I got rid of it because I was bummed by not being able to swap barrels for skeet shoots and whatnot.

The barrels cost $160-$200 and the whole gun costs $275. Seems kinda pointless to pay more than 50% of the entire gun for just another barrel. Maybe that is just me.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County

The barrels cost $160-$200 and the whole gun costs $275. Seems kinda pointless to pay more than 60% of the entire gun for just another barrel. Maybe that is just me.

putneyswope

Dismember
    Aug 7, 2010
    You can find new and like new barrels for the regular type 870 on the second hand market for much less than that.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    Yea and you can find second hand market 870s for less also. Barrel is the most expensive part whether you are buying used or new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom