• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

IronicEnigma

Apr 6, 2008
    Abingdon
    If you go to the Hog Mart in Towson to buy ammo they will ask for, and wright down your ID. There is a business card from a Baltimore County Detective stuck in the book. The saving grace is that the employes are so slow that they usually let you fill in the information yourself.

On this issue, since this is a voluntary program, here is a way to turn the tables, especially on those who claim that it is LAW:

If your phone is capable of capturing photos and video, start doing it. If they ask you what you are doing, simply state: "You are making statements that are legally not factual. I am documenting this to provide a record of your statement, as legal fact and advice, that this is Maryland Law. The office of the attorney general of this state has documented that this is a voluntary program, hence you are now on record for lying."

Would be fun to see those reactions :)

Gotta make sure my Blackberry is fully charged :)

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    If you go to the Hog Mart in Towson to buy ammo they will ask for, and wright down your ID. There is a business card from a Baltimore County Detective stuck in the book. The saving grace is that the employes are so slow that they usually let you fill in the information yourself.
    I wondered for a while about using a fake ID. Since recording your name is not a law and since they are not the government and since this does not involve filling out an official form or fraud for money, I bet it is not illegal.
    I was thinking about getting a card with the name Chuck U. Farley who lives on Screwyou lane.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I wondered for a while about using a fake ID. Since recording your name is not a law and since they are not the government and since this does not involve filling out an official form or fraud for money, I bet it is not illegal.
    I was thinking about getting a card with the name Chuck U. Farley who lives on Screwyou lane.

I dunno Novus. I believe it is an official form they are given by the state and then turn back in, so you might be flirting with trouble. As funny as it would be to see lots of Mike Hunts and Jack Meehoffs buying ammo it might not be a good idea.

I don't like these logs either, I just don't want to see anybody get jacked up.

bean93x

JamBandGalore
    Mar 27, 2008
    WV
    ahhh thank god me and my family got out of the peoples republic of maryland a few years ago.

although... i hope this never happens to any of you all and if it does, i would hope you fight the state of maryland about it.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    I dunno Novus. I believe it is an official form they are given by the state and then turn back in, so you might be flirting with trouble. As funny as it would be to see lots of Mike Hunts and Jack Meehoffs buying ammo it might not be a good idea.

I don't like these logs either, I just don't want to see anybody get jacked up.

Are these an official form? Did the State's AG review and approve the language on the form? Is it printed in accordance to state law? Is it listed as an official state document or is it something someone created in an office using MS Word and printed out?

Does anyone know if the WalMart in Cockeysville, York Rd, sells ammo and requires people to provide this info?

sbarber7973

Certified Fat Bastard
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2007
    Hyattsville, MD
    Is it listed as an official state document or is it something someone created in an office using MS Word and printed out?

word_yo.jpg

Cadet08

Gone
    Nov 13, 2006
    Great, the Nuremberg defense, how apropos, sort of goes along with dressing up in black and visiting people who have committed no crimes in their homes in the middle of the night.

'General George S. Patton once said; "Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men." '

Look I know it sounds bad to use that defense. And I would love to see a Capt.Kutilek as the head of every police department ( he was my ADO and a tough ******* but he was extremely honorable and fair )
    But I know it is never going to happen. I also was talking about state troopers in general not these specific five guys.
    Plus at the end of the day most cops are good people who go out and do there jobs and catch the bad guys. This policy of ammunition surveillance is wrong, but these are the guys who got the orders and for all we know they could have been told a felon had the guns. If they had told that they were dealing with or had any idea then they were in the wrong.

Jimet

Feb 4, 2007
    Harford Co.
    This policy of ammunition surveillance is wrong, but these are the guys who got the orders and for all we know they could have been told a felon had the guns

I doubt it,six swat goons stand by as Wojo rings the doorbell.All the P.C. diplomats of Md. leo's put together can't sugar coat this mess.
    Where will our cops and soldiers stand when our corupt gov. orders them to ignore the rights of the people? Behind the Constitution? Behind the paycheck?
    Looks like 7 votes in for paycheck.

I thought swat guys hid their identities to cut down on the wedgies,noogies and wet willies they were bombarded with when off duty,shame,more like it.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Look I know it sounds bad to use that defense. And I would love to see a Capt.Kutilek as the head of every police department ( he was my ADO and a tough ******* but he was extremely honorable and fair )
    But I know it is never going to happen. I also was talking about state troopers in general not these specific five guys.

That is fair.

This policy of ammunition surveillance is wrong, but these are the guys who got the orders and for all we know they could have been told a felon had the guns. If they had told that they were dealing with or had any idea then they were in the wrong.

First, I doubt they were told this guy had been proven to have done anything wrong if the letter is accurate. Second, if they were told this guy had done something wrong and were sent there and found out he hadn't, that is worse.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Sounds like we should target one store a week. Have them ring up $500 worth of ammo and when they ask for ID tell them to forget it, ask to see the Manager and tell them you will not purchase from a store that violates your privacy. If 10 people do that in a week they might get the message.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    ahhh thank god me and my family got out of the peoples republic of maryland a few years ago.

although... i hope this never happens to any of you all and if it does, i would hope you fight the state of maryland about it.

Thing is that BS like this has a way of spreading across state lines. All my family and friends are still in MD, and I spend a lot of time there, what is keeping them from pulling you over and detaining you while in MD? What if this program is seen as "sucessful" with "widespread cooperation" and becomes a pillar of Obama's rights control policy. Or if it becomes defacto mandatory (like the medical records waiver) and ammo can no longer be shipped to MD, or purchased in MD by out of staters. Gun control groups in general have just been b!#ch slapped by Heller, lets not let them gain any traction, our home states are fairly stable gun rights wise, but there is nothing keeping us from helping out those in need.;)

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Has anyone forwarded this stuff to the media?

It really needs to be feted out before we go hogwild on it. Imagine the backlash if it turns out the dude HAD done something screwy.

DD214 and I are both trying to get ahold of the guy.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    You know what else we could do, we could have a few of us buy a bunch of ammo from the same place as a testbed and see if we get some MSP visitors too. I would volunteer if someone else needs some ammo and wouldn't mind driving. I don't have any regulated firearms on record with the MSP even though I have something like nine or so.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    You know what else we could do, we could have a few of us buy a bunch of ammo from the same place as a testbed and see if we get some MSP visitors too. I would volunteer if someone else needs some ammo and wouldn't mind driving. I don't have any regulated firearms on record with the MSP even though I have something like nine or so.

Its been posted before, and in the other thread, but the abingdon Walmart, sometimes doesn't record my ID, it either depends on who is working there or if i fit their "profile". Which could be another interesting angle to this.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Make sure you have video and tape recorders ready to roll in case the gestapo story turns out to be true.

Oh, and crate your shih tzu.... remember you ARE in PG county.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    We need to make sure that we know which shop he bought the ammo from.

I would be up for a road trip, put $200 worth of ammo on the counter and when he asks for ID to just walk out and leave the ammo there.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom