• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ktigerJ

Ultimate Member
    Jun 5, 2013
    Has anyone use dremel if so what what bits did u use?

I went over to Ace today and got a router bit. It's the one for making dove tails and things like that. It did a pretty good job. Just watch for the straight down push. It melts the plastic in there instead of cutting.

ktigerJ

Ultimate Member
    Jun 5, 2013
    1238136_503736513043620_843202831_n.jpg

I got one of these by mistake really. Anyone else done another one in different colors?

Tinker000

Has a thought
    Feb 20, 2010
    Harwood, MD
    I have a question, as I have just only ordered my EP Lower but have looked at pictures on google would it be possible to just drill down the sides (where the ribs are) and remove the injection form by pulling it out?
    I looked at the pictures of the clear model not quite in production and it seems as though that might be a possibility. I was just wondering, I do have the tools to clean it out either way. Thanks

MrDman

Jul 19, 2013
    Glen Burnie, MD.
    I have a question, as I have just only ordered my EP Lower but have looked at pictures on google would it be possible to just drill down the sides (where the ribs are) and remove the injection form by pulling it out?
    I looked at the pictures of the clear model not quite in production and it seems as though that might be a possibility. I was just wondering, I do have the tools to clean it out either way. Thanks

When I did mine I used a .250 end mill and plunged cut with it most of the way.Then I walked it around the lower I left about .015 all the way around.

The ribs need to come all the way out to get the correct clearance.

I didn't want to climb mill because the way I was holding the lower it moved around to much.

The trigger slot it not long enough so that will need to be opened up too.

ktigerJ

Ultimate Member
    Jun 5, 2013
    I think the best way to do it is bigshooterist's way. I posted a link to it awhile back. I used my dremel today with that router bit and it did a pretty good job. Mine came with black molding inside, the problem being that you have to remove the ribs too so you can't just pull out the molding. Either way you do it be careful of the bottom it's easy to plunge too deep and out where the trigger should be.

ktigerJ

Ultimate Member
    Jun 5, 2013
    Is anyone else having problems with the Hammer pin location? I am now under the impression that my hammer pin hole guide is off. It appears to be too far back to correctly align the hammer for its engagement with the trigger. I'll PM EP Lowers on this as well but didn't know if anyone else had the problem?

Cyclone

Jr. Zombie Killer
    Jan 25, 2010
    Rosedale, MD
    Is anyone else having problems with the Hammer pin location? I am now under the impression that my hammer pin hole guide is off. It appears to be too far back to correctly align the hammer for its engagement with the trigger. I'll PM EP Lowers on this as well but didn't know if anyone else had the problem?

No problem on mine...

huesmann

n00b
    Mar 23, 2012
    Silver Spring, MD
    I want to get a pink one for my GF...what would be the proper procedure to give it to her so she could own it all legal-like after 10/1 rolls around, assuming that I would be doing all the finishing and assembly?

ibanez320dx

New guy.
    Jun 2, 2013
    Rosedale
    I want to get a pink one for my GF...what would be the proper procedure to give it to her so she could own it all legal-like after 10/1 rolls around, assuming that I would be doing all the finishing and assembly?

By not telling people that you did the finishing and assembling...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom