• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ecampo

Mar 3, 2008
    Right. You cannot sell an 80% lower you finish regardless of any intentions. You have to at least finish the lower before 10/1. I'm not sure about the complete rifle build part, but mine will be complete prior to 10/1.

Incorrect. You are free to sell an 80% lower that you have finished as long as it was not built with the intention to sell. You must engrave the lower with some type of serial number if you do sell it so it can be identified.

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    just got my pink lower in today (blemished)

After inspection this thing is MUCH MUCH more solid than my NW LW 15 poly lower. As far as blemishes go, there is a slight scratch / dent on the bottom of the trigger guard and a "color wear" mark near the buffer tube.

This thing feels rock solid. Very pleased.

huesmann

n00b
    Mar 23, 2012
    Silver Spring, MD
    Can someone point me to the sb281 language that says you can't buy and build 80% lowers after 9/30? There's so much info floating around it's hard to keep track of it all. TIA.

12a10

Apr 6, 2009
    AA County Crownsville
    Ordered two pink blemished lowers and one black first quality two days ago.Received them today by pri mail. Very nice quality and solid. Will finish blems as practice before doing the black one. Intend to experiment with finish--do one in balck ceramakote and one with Brownells fake epoxy parkerizing paint.

These really look like winners--the plug insert looks like it will be easier to hog out the trigger housing recess.

IMHO--buy with confidence --price, quality and service are right

SevernBob

It's All Boogered Up
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 17, 2012
    Severn
    Ordered two pink blemished lowers and one black first quality two days ago.Received them today by pri mail. Very nice quality and solid. Will finish blems as practice before doing the black one. Intend to experiment with finish--do one in balck ceramakote and one with Brownells fake epoxy parkerizing paint.

These really look like winners--the plug insert looks like it will be easier to hog out the trigger housing recess.

IMHO--buy with confidence --price, quality and service are right

Agreed. Got mine today. I was giggly. I have tons of things to do this weekend, but now I have something to do that I want to do!

ktigerJ

Ultimate Member
    Jun 5, 2013
    Mine come in Tuesday according to USPS. I was surprised by the very quick shipping! I will try and post some pics up when I do them.

Cyclone

Jr. Zombie Killer
    Jan 25, 2010
    Rosedale, MD
    As I promised, review of my build. Package arrived in 3 business days. First impression finish is fairly nice. Before doing anything, i did some test fitting on all the lower parts and everything was all good. Just like what they have mentioned, they did took care of all the problem on their first production. Used drill press, mill vise and 3/8 end mill to finish the pocket and trigger hole. For some of you know the regular jig for your forge works but there are minimal trimming on the inside of the jig, mainly on the the mag release section that needs trimming. And of course 5/32 for fire control and 3/8 drill bit for selector switch. I opt out the tap for threading the inside of the grip screw hole. It is self tapping as long as you do it slow and straight.

Total time to finish 35 min.

I did a video on this but my twin toddler knock my digital camcorder and broke it so oh well... here are the pictures...

Looks good and perfect fitting on my 5.45 upper... Thanks EP Lower...

Areas that needs a little improvement are roll pin hole for bolt release is a little small, mine looks like there is a little lump where the pin inserted.
    The rear takedown pin hole is tight. Needs a little help of my punch to take it off. But the good thing about it, there is no wiggle and a very tight fitting of top and lower receiver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom