• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    The MSP was trying to claim that AR-15 pistols are copies of AR-15s, and therefore only legal if they have an HBAR. YMMV.

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    The MSP was trying to claim that AR-15 pistols are copies of AR-15s, and therefore only legal if they have an HBAR. YMMV.

I'm sorry I should know but with being told before 10/1that sbr's would be allowed along with ar pistols and now seeing both are no. I am confused on this issue. I have both but both are pre 10/1 purchases.

I've been told recently that they are banned. Would someone get me straight.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    In Maryland there are only pistols on the approved list and pistols not on the approved list. Nothing else is subjective.

Pmbspyder

Platinum Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    In Maryland there are only pistols on the approved list and pistols not on the approved list. Nothing else is subjective.

Exactly. It's fairly cut and dry. You can build an ar pistol on a stripped lower you owned before 10/1. If you're trying to buy a manufactured ar pistol, it needs to be on the md handgun roster

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    The only Olympic arms pistol I see on the roster is a .22

Although Atlantic is in MD they sell a LOT of things that are now Banned here. Just bc they sell it doesnt mean we can buy it :sad20:

Atlantic Firearms.com

Industry Partner
    Jul 31, 2011
    The Olympic is not on the MD handgun roster at this time but we plan on submitting it and several other models of pistols for approval over the next 3 -4 months .

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    The only Olympic arms pistol I see on the roster is a .22

Although Atlantic is in MD they sell a LOT of things that are now Banned here. Just bc they sell it doesnt mean we can buy it :sad20:

I think LRC has one. Let me check.

Update: LWRC International M6 PSD Pistol PSDPR5B8, PSDPR5CK8, PSDPR5ODG8, PSDPR5PBC8 5.56, 6.8

SB281 Blaster

Feb 4, 2014
    Queenstown
    I think LRC has one. Let me check.

Update: LWRC International M6 PSD Pistol PSDPR5B8, PSDPR5CK8, PSDPR5ODG8, PSDPR5PBC8 5.56, 6.8

MSP was kind enough to add the three additional models couple of weeks ago. I explained to them the only difference was the color. I am putting an order in for one of each color this week if anyone is interested.

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    What's your point? That the MSP is logically inconsistent? DUH.

They are pretty consistent in that they do what they want. Logic from many government agencies is about as common as unicorns farting fairy dust.

They ignore the laws as written and then expect everyone else to follow the law. We should be able to expect more from Md's chief law enforcement agency.:mad54:

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    How long before approval is official by the roster board?

Their last meeting was supposed to be in November, but it was cancelled and they haven't met since. Otherwise, if you submit a gun and they meet AND they approve it, it's something like 30 days after the Maryland Register is printed the online roster is updated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom