• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Your participation in phone calls and e-mails over the weekend really does make a difference. We do seem to be getting an awful lot of guests this morning.

Attachments

• 1047 hours april 9.JPG
      1047 hours april 9.JPG
      4.3 KB · Views: 746

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Annapolis is noticing.

Keep up the work.

See what we can do when we come together; let's take this momentum into next year.

Smagel

Hey, hey, my, my
    Jul 20, 2011
    Freddy's Store
    That's great, and also a fine reason that a lot of the BS going on in a couple of the other hot threads could be counter-productive.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    That's great, and also a fine reason that a lot of the BS going on in a couple of the other hot threads could be counter-productive.

Yes. We try to moderate things as best we can without quashing too much discussion. One thing we're particularly on guard for right now is brand new people who show up out of the blue and want to troll, immediately argue controversial topics, or otherwise try to divide or embarrass the community. I for one wouldn't put it past the now defunct "Cease Fire" :rolleyes: crowd and their ilk to show up and start making outrageous offensive statements under an assumed identity to make us all look bad.

JMangle

Handsome Engineer
    May 11, 2008
    Mississippi
    Yes. We try to moderate things as best we can without quashing too much discussion. One thing we're particularly on guard for right now is brand new people who show up out of the blue and want to troll, immediately argue controversial topics, or otherwise try to divide or embarrass the community. I for one wouldn't put it past the now defunct "Cease Fire" :rolleyes: crowd and their ilk to show up and start making outrageous offensive statements under an assumed identity to make us all look bad.

I see bad threads get closed, but do you ever erase a REALLY bad thread?

(I don't know what goes on behind the curtain.)

Edit: Can non-registered users view closed threads? Again, I don't know these things

Last edited:

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Yes, there are some that get so bad or contain content so offensive or potentially embarrassing to the community that we send them to limbo. Not very many though. Closed ones usually stay visible to the community. AFAIK non registered users can view closed threads unless they're in the Water Cooler.

Edit: Can non-registered users view closed threads? Again, I don't know these things

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh

Ah, yes, these folks:

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County

I've seen a few removed in my time, but they are rare. In all the cases I have seen, it was because outside agitators have pooped all over something so bad that it's embarrassing to even read. This is the internet. I've seen people come here just to argue. I don't think they even believe what they are writing...they just like to argue. All sites and all issues have the problem. And every now and then I have seen spammers take over a thread. It's important to stamp those out even if there is good info in them. The mods do good work cleaning up this mess.

As for our visitor count, it's good to see people interested. Especially those from Annapolis.

I'm told of reactions when lawmakers are told in point-blank terms that keep and bear are civil rights under the Constitution and that federal courts affirm this. Things have changed, but the dialogue is still 1994.

For those who have not heard it: keep and bear are affirmed civil rights under the federal constitution. Deny it and you will be on the wrong side of civil rights.

Be nice to the newbies. Some of them have had their world-view shaken a bit.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I've seen a few removed in my time, but they are rare. In all the cases I have seen, it was because outside agitators have pooped all over something so bad that it's embarrassing to even read. This is the internet. I've seen people come here just to argue. I don't think they even believe what they are writing...they just like to argue. All sites and all issues have the problem. And every now and then I have seen spammers take over a thread. It's important to stamp those out even if there is good info in them. The mods do good work cleaning up this mess.

As for our visitor count, it's good to see people interested. Especially those from Annapolis.

I'm told of reactions when lawmakers are told in point-blank terms that keep and bear are civil rights under the Constitution and that federal courts affirm this. Things have changed, but the dialogue is still 1994.

For those who have not heard it: keep and bear are affirmed civil rights under the federal constitution. Deny it and you will be on the wrong side of civil rights.

Be nice to the newbies. Some of them have had their world-view shaken a bit.

Very true. We want them to come away with a nice impression of the 2A community.

Just trying to be free
    Jan 21, 2012
    Since we could be getting those from Annapolis reading these forums, we ought to also remind them of Real Public Safety Issues, like the lack of them passing a budget which should be their number one focus rather than these agenda's and attacks on law abiding, tax paying citizens who just want to exercise their constitutional rights.

If the state deficit is not addressed, the waste of funds with the current Gov at the wheel, we will loose services such as police, emergency services and the like. Those are real threats to Public Safety, not people like us who are willing to be finger printed, have our back rounds checked etc. to have our constitutional rights.

All this current state administration knows how to do is raise taxes and waste money. They are so inline with the current Federal Administration and agenda, it is scary.

Our 2A rights are very important, but support for them should be complemented with our distain for the way they are running our state in general if we are getting their attention. I agree, we ought to have a running sticky with "How they voted". I know I watch them closely and you can bet I and my friends will be voting accordingly.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Since we could be getting those from Annapolis reading these forums, we ought to also remind them of Real Public Safety Issues, like the lack of them passing a budget which should be their number one focus rather than these agenda's and attacks on law abiding, tax paying citizens who just want to exercise their constitutional rights.

If the state deficit is not addressed, the waste of funds with the current Gov at the wheel, we will loose services such as police, emergency services and the like. Those are real threats to Public Safety, not people like us who are willing to be finger printed, have our back rounds checked etc.

All this current administration knows how to do is raise taxes and waste money. They are so inline with the current Federal Administration, it is scary.

Our 2A rights are very important, but support for them should be complemented with our distain for the way they are running our state in general if we are geting their attention. I agree, we ought to have a running sticky with "How they voted". I know I watch them closely and you can bet I and my friends will be voting accordingly.

Some can say the current budget is an attack on honest hard working people :sarcasm:

Just trying to be free
    Jan 21, 2012
    Some can say the current budget is an attack on honest hard working people :sarcasm:

I agree! I guess I didn't make my point clear, sorry. They need to focus on a budget that is sustainable and properly focused on what really matters.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Your participation in phone calls and e-mails over the weekend really does make a difference. We do seem to be getting an awful lot of guests this morning.

I am willing to bet that at least several of those are MSP or other government employees attempting to put names together with emails that they have received, to be added to watchlists...

JMintzer

Hoarding Douche Waffle
    Mar 17, 2009
    SW MoCo/Free FL (when I can)
    Yes, there are some that get so bad or contain content so offensive or potentially embarrassing to the community that we send them to limbo. Not very many though. Closed ones usually stay visible to the community. AFAIK non registered users can view closed threads unless they're in the Water Cooler.

But some of them are an embarrassment, even for registered members...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom