• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Gun grabbing is still a loser Nationally. In democrat states like Maryland, it's mostly a "don't care" issue. This is the democrat issue from OKP on downward so nobody casts too bright a light on all Billary's failings. If she's got good handlers and will listen to them (not much chance of that) she'll drop it before the National election. I haven't seen much indication of smarts though...

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Failing to realize that his overt uber anti gun stance had a negative effect on his campaign is failing to realize that the action cause nearly ALL of Maryland's Pro 2A folks and their friends and family to revolt, mobilize and fight HARD to get his opponent elected. That would be ignorant and dismissive of the massive effort that those good folks produced as well. The Democratic Machine in this state is STILL crying about that.

It got him more votes. If you believe pro gun control of Brown was a reason he lost, be my guest. The majority in this state is not concerned with owning a firearm. The majority posting on MDS do not live in the areas where the concentration of voters live. Roughly 1 of 5 homes in Maryland own a firearm, many of those are fudds as well.

The politicians in Montgomery try to out gun grab one another. You think that is folly calculation? I don't, come live here 50 years and you'd understand better.

Z_Man

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2014
    Harford County
    most Marylanders
    1) have no idea what the gun laws are.
    2) have no idea that each state has different gun laws
    3) don't think about guns until the media shows 20 people who were slaughtered
    4) they are going to pick a color regardless if they see a gun commercial or not.
    5) the D politicians typical funding sources are drying up in MD (since they all compete with each other locally) so they are trying to be the first to get Bloomberg money. you run a couple of anti gun adds, and Bloomberg pays for them, you have your name out there. Most people don't know who is running for what, and just vote how they feel. if they know your name, and don't have a reason to hate you, they'll vote for you. that's how most people vote. they have no clue, but there are 5 people to choose from, and I've heard of this person. guess which box they are going to check?

6) people are starting to get sick of the government telling them what to do. even in MD. even the typical dem voter. outside of the people who are dependent (willfully) on the government, and the lunatics in MoCo who are convinced the government is god, most people are tired of how the cost of registering your car goes up, the extra 3% tax on alcohol, their property taxes going up, the schools getting more money but worse outcomes. their healthcare costs going up. toll prices increasing. these matter to most people who aren't gun enthusiests.

I firmly believe gun issues matter to less than a quarter of the citizens in this state. both sides of the issue. and of that quarter I believe most are on the side of gun rights. its convincing the 75% of the state that doesn't care/know about the gun issues in this state that either A, gun rights matter, or B, that the democrats are the cause of everything costing more, and the government being a bigger pain in the ass. most voters honestly don't care about guns in this state, and if they do, it isn't a factor when it comes time to vote.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Gun issues matter to less

In Maryland, agreed.

Since most voters don't own a firearm, they are easily sold that gun control ad nauseum is not an infringement. With phrases like common sense etc. , the regulation is easy to sell to people not interested in the right. Most my neighbors have a less than glowing view of owning a gun, especially a handgun. When I inform most states allow carry legally, most people not familiar with firearms are in disbelief.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    And you forget that most of the residents of MoCo and PG are Federal workers, and more and more in Northern AA and Eastern Howard working at Ft. Meade of its contractors. They are going to vote for whoever provides them the next four years of employment - usually the Big Government Party in power now. No mystery there. Gun control is becoming a non-issue out through overuse.

Which is why we need to keep pushing Self Defense and Civil Rights aspects of our cause. Those resonate with everyone. The latest riots or shootings make our case for us.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010

Attachments

• $_35.JPG
      $_35.JPG
      13.4 KB · Views: 308

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Glad to see he's recanted his ways and now supports MSI for 2018. :thumbsup:

www.frosh2018.com

;)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Just a suggestion, you might want to change the target of the redirect to https://www.marylandshallissue.org.

https://www.marylandshallissue.com is now a page that informs visitors of the new address (doesn't seem to auto-redirect). And for me the notice of the new site doesn't appear until I clicked the darkened photo (that may confuse folks - should be changed by the MSI webmaster to something a little more obvious).

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    In Maryland, agreed.

Since most voters don't own a firearm, they are easily sold that gun control ad nauseum is not an infringement. With phrases like common sense etc. , the regulation is easy to sell to people not interested in the right. Most my neighbors have a less than glowing view of owning a gun, especially a handgun. When I inform most states allow carry legally, most people not familiar with firearms are in disbelief.

I think our biggest problem in MD is the low information gun owner. I can recall two cases at gun shows when I personally overheard gun owners talking to the folks manning a pro 2A booth. Neither of these guys had even HEARD of FSA 2013.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Gun control was not a factor in the last election, Hogan went to great lengths to avoid the issue. Hogan's team had a plan and executed it very well. They had a message that resonated well, even with many Dem's. They micro targeted the voters they wanted. They also knew where they needed to concentrate their efforts. Brown's campaign was a mess and he assumed he would win no matter what. Couple that with Brown's money problems. Even other candidates who had money werent willing to funnel their money up to Brown. Even with all the issues Brown's campaign had he was still almost correct. All polling showed Brown winning, until the last few weeks. I was told that even on election night Hogan thought he was going to lose. Ultimately Brown was another KKT.

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    They're just following OweMalley's and the national idiots' lead. Never forget that Gun Kontrol is one of the DNC's identified platform planks, and has been for a long, long time. Just follow the money...

Microtool maybe, even Hitlery has a bigger schlong than him.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    And you forget that most of the residents of MoCo and PG are Federal workers, and more and more in Northern AA and Eastern Howard working at Ft. Meade of its contractors. They are going to vote for whoever provides them the next four years of employment - usually the Big Government Party in power now. No mystery there. Gun control is becoming a non-issue out through overuse.

Which is why we need to keep pushing Self Defense and Civil Rights aspects of our cause. Those resonate with everyone. The latest riots or shootings make our case for us.

this and the entitlements crowd are 100% of the problems.

neither group will vote against their income. they consider money far more important than their rights.

and there we have it.

FunInMD

Jul 18, 2015
    As for Federal employees and contractors keeping the status quo, I have usually seen the opposite up at APG in Harford.

Lots of proud vets and citizens working there wanting to do a good job for the Soldier downrange. Plenty of political water cooler discussion been occurring but I haven't really heard anything along the lines of "I want to keep my job so I will vote for xyz..."

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Disagree, to a point...

Brown caught wind off 'discussions', and ASSUMED Hogan would go all pro-gun. So, we got the 'playground' ads, and such, in an overreacting (and backfiring) attempt to scare voters.

He would of lost by a larger margin without those ads. Some are just in big denial how this state works..

janklow

Feb 6, 2013
    As for Federal employees and contractors keeping the status quo, I have usually seen the opposite up at APG in Harford.

Lots of proud vets and citizens working there wanting to do a good job for the Soldier downrange. Plenty of political water cooler discussion been occurring but I haven't really heard anything along the lines of "I want to keep my job so I will vote for xyz..."
    i can see the argument if we're saying "in general, federal workers/contractors vote like so," though i imagine even among them, there's some variation of motives. not that i am a federal worker who, like other federal workers i know, doesn't vote the way being described...

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013

In general, one would expect Fed workers and contractors involved with the military and defense to generally have a different attitude and worldview about 2A than the vast numbers of regulatory bureaucrats and those who feed off of them in the DC metro area and elsewhere.

Of course, Obama has done as much as he can to demilitarize and demoralize the military, so that's changed somewhat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom