• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • asdaven

Oct 30, 2013
    Maryland
    Just ordered one of these. Hope its legal, stock is welded so I guess it dosent count as a folding stock. Dont plan on breaking the weld because I have no use for it. I got the folding stock model cause it has a better length of pull and people reccomend it over the fixed stock as its just a warsaw pact length AK wood stock painted black. If you break the weld not only you violate state law but you violate federal with the 922-R laws as it wouldnt be considered a sporting firearm anymore. The VEPR 12 seems like the best of the magazine fed semi auto shotguns. The MKA-19 AR style shotguns are good too but some say just like the Saiga need some work. The VEPR out of the box cycles most ammo except some complain about Winchester low brass.

mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    As long as there is no flash hider or grenade launcher, a folding stock is fine :beer:

I picked up one before 10/1 but it has that wood fixed stock they were first imported with.

At the current price, I might pick up one with the correct metal stock, even if I can't fold it. :thumbsup:

asdaven

Oct 30, 2013
    Maryland
    I got mine from Classic Firearms. It should be on its way soon. Theyre labeling it as a "Fixed Tubular Stock" even though it will fold if you break the weld. Between 922-r and our lovely state law im not gonna touch it and I hope its not considered a "folding stock" under state law and therefore illegal since its a shotgun. Supposidly using higher capacity mags alone over 5 rounds violates 922-r and its definition as a "sporting firearm". But 10 round mags are at least Maryland legal and they are the high cap mags for this although there are 12 rounders. But still. As far as the stock, I heard Duffys is selling the tubular stock models so I guess its good.

Groot

Dec 16, 2014
    Hey

I was looking for a buttstock for my Vepr 12 Molot. Wanted to obtain a collapsible
    and if possible side folding stock, but most of available options required a special adaptor.
    Chinese products were not taken into account as in the past already had some issues with them.
    After a detailed search i've found this option from Israeli company Fab-Defence:

http://www.idf-tactical.com/Buttstocks/ShotgunsStocks/M4-VEPR-FKSB

I am familiar with their products for a quite a long time, but now they got a buttstock with adaptor
    for Vepr built-in. In the buttstock there is shock-absorbing system and T6 hard anodized aluminum buffer tube.
    Everything has passed very smoothly and after the order has been made in 2 days the parcel was sent out.

In case you look for improvement and tuning of your rifle i warmly suggest to consider this option.

Attachments

• 7638310.jpg
      7638310.jpg
      89.7 KB · Views: 399

Wojo

What's that Smell
    May 8, 2012
    Wrong side of the Potomac
    Hey

I was looking for a buttstock for my Vepr 12 Molot. Wanted to obtain a collapsible
    and if possible side folding stock, but most of available options required a special adaptor.
    Chinese products were not taken into account as in the past already had some issues with them.
    After a detailed search i've found this option from Israeli company Fab-Defence:

I am familiar with their products for a quite a long time, but now they got a buttstock with adaptor
    for Vepr built-in. In the buttstock there is shock-absorbing system and T6 hard anodized aluminum buffer tube.
    Everything has passed very smoothly and after the order has been made in 2 days the parcel was sent out.

In case you look for improvement and tuning of your rifle i warmly suggest to consider this option.

http://www.bonesteelarms.com/Vepr-12-RPK-Folding-Galil-style-stock-RPKFSGL.htm

Contributing to the zombie thread resurection

BlueMule

Jan 28, 2009
    What happens if you bought a Vepr 12 with the folding stock and broke the weld BEFORE the MD law went into effect?

dementlr

Feb 8, 2011
    St. Mary's County
    AIM Surplus is selling the VEPR 12 with fixed stock for $699. Unfortunately they will not sell to a MD resident. Shame, I have purchased from them many times in the past. Now I feel like I have a reason to favor other sources.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom