• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chuck

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 1, 2016
    Anne Arundel
    If this passes, Hogan could passively take a stand. He could publicly ask every college President whether they want this bill to pass or not. He could say that he will sign this into law if the President of every college within the USM says they want it and veto it otherwise. This will force the less liberal colleges to take a hard line stand. If he signs it then he is only following the will of the colleges. If he does not it is because the GA is trying to force something onto the colleges that they colleges do not want.

I doubt Hogan will take this stand but it would fit his mantra of staying out of these issues. This seems like a lost cause if it passes anyway as a veto override is likely.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    If this passes, Hogan could passively take a stand. He could publicly ask every college President whether they want this bill to pass or not. He could say that he will sign this into law if the President of every college within the USM says they want it and veto it otherwise. This will force the less liberal colleges to take a hard line stand. If he signs it then he is only following the will of the colleges. If he does not it is because the GA is trying to force something onto the colleges that they colleges do not want.

I doubt Hogan will take this stand but it would fit his mantra of staying out of these issues. This seems like a lost cause if it passes anyway as a veto override is likely.

Then he should just veto it and explain to the citizens why it's bad. Let the MGA override yet another veto. It just shows more Marylanders what petulant little children the MGA Dems really are.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Also, Amy Schumer and Newtown Bicylists are likely headed here after 5pm to lobby for Campus Carry Ban.

Complete update on FINAL Patriot Picket thread:

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=192196

Kindly tell them that Marylanders are quite capable of handling their own democratic political affairs and enactment of laws without drive-by (or ride-by) outside celebrity influences and attention-grabbing, emotion-evoking appearances.

Thank you.

Mr H

Banana'd
    From inside the walls...

Good Afternoon,

I write to you the last day of session. This legislation did pass through the House of Delegates (Del. Folden voted against it) but it seems that it stalled in the Senate and will not pass this year. Be vigilant though - bills like this have a habit of being introduced in following years.

Thank you for your advocacy,

chuck

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 1, 2016
    Anne Arundel
    Then he should just veto it and explain to the citizens why it's bad. Let the MGA override yet another veto. It just shows more Marylanders what petulant little children the MGA Dems really are.

He toes the center line and I doubt he would stick his neck out for us. This veto would be career suicide if he does not find someone else (the presidents) to blame the veto on.

I am not happy that he toes the line I am just trying to play within his lines.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Dumais, Rosenburg and Smith in the house, Raskin in the senate. They are the committee members pushing SB 943(firearm transfer) and trying to add the campus weapons ban to it.

See the FIRE CALL thread to light them up

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon

I think it's another attempt to put Hogan in a no-win situation and make him look bad. If it passes and he doesn't veto it, then he becomes more alienated from his 2A supporters. If it passes and he does veto it, and Heaven forbid a gun crime happens anywhere on any campus in the state at any time even years in the future, the sick dems can point at Hogan and shriek "his fault, his fault" in their local media monopoly.

light12pdr

MDS Supporter
    Nov 6, 2015
    I emailed and then called Delegate Folden's office about the sneaky tactics. I talked to his aid who contacted a few other offices while I was on the phone to see what was going on. She said that everyone was on to the sneaky deal and are doing great their best to stop it.
    I also called Dumais, Rosenberg, Hill and Raskin. Please , if you can, make some calls. It helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom