• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gizmo98

Free At Last!!
    Nov 4, 2015
    Central PA
    I did...but how much connection can you do with MSP? I cant draw a bridge for them....

So I found a few DNI report to congress online and a few other things..tho it doesnt show "direct" threat to me by name, it should be enough (one would think)....

You have to draw the dots, connect them, and color the picture. Play 7 Degrees of Kevin Bacon.
    Mine was pretty easy because I train the people going over there to kill these bastards. If you're in HR or training , make the point that you are a great target because you have access to everyone. At a minimum, you have access to sensitive systems and areas. Be creative. MSP doesn't know what it really means to have a clearance. Be honest and truthful, but play it for all it's worth.

Gizmo98

Free At Last!!
    Nov 4, 2015
    Central PA
    Also, everyone with a clearance, their spouses, their relatives, their friends, and their neighbors should automatically have G&S. All of our clearance request forms were stolen. Everyone listed above is affected and is a potential target.
    For the record, I cannot disagree more with the G&S nonsense. Justifying your right to self protection is abhorrent.

buddy357

Apr 6, 2015
    So has anyone who is a "radiation worker" applied? I repair nuclear cameras in medical facilities and found during a recent refresher class that some of the installed radioactive sources in some of my machines carry about 20% of the quantity of Gd153 needed per NRC for a 1 sq kilometer dirty bomb and it can be removed in about 3 minutes, not to mention any other sources I deal with. The instructor spent time ensuring we were warned about the potential dangers if someone were to attempt to make contact with us about getting hands on them to report it.

I know it may be a stretch for G&S, but I had a CCW in VA(1996-2015) and WA State (2000-2003) but have none now. I already know my security clearance, DFAS hack and OPM hack are basically insufficient here. I spend a lot of time on the road and CCW (or lack thereof) is one of my primary reasons to move as soon as I can into VA. My primary area is MD right now, but in the next 5 yrs there will be a couple retirements that should allow me to move to the middle of VA and re-apply there. I will rarely work up here then.

Last edited:

highli99

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2015
    West Side
    So has anyone who is a "radiation worker" applied? I repair nuclear cameras and found during a recent refresher class that some of the installed radioactive sources in some of my machines carry about 20% of the quantity of Gd153 needed for a 1 sq kilometer dirty bomb and it can be removed in about 3 minutes, not to mention any other sources I deal with. The instructor spent time ensuring we we warned about the potential dangers if someone were to attempt to make contact with us about getting hands on them to report it.

I know it may be a stretch for G&S, but I had a CCW in VA(1996-2015) and WA State (2000-2003) but have none now. I already know my security clearance, DFAS hack and OPM hack are basically insufficient here. I spend a lot of time on the road and CCW (or lack thereof) is one of my primary reasons to move as soon as I can into VA. My primary area is MD right now, but in the next 5 yrs there will be a couple retirements that should allow me to move to the middle of VA and re-apply there. I will rarely work up here then.

Sounds like G&S to me.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    So, these radioactive sources are installed in machines at locations that you service? Or are they in machines that you transport on a daily basis and keep in your possession? If they are not in your possession, you'll be Knaubed for sure.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    So has anyone who is a "radiation worker" applied? I repair nuclear cameras in medical facilities and found during a recent refresher class that some of the installed radioactive sources in some of my machines carry about 20% of the quantity of Gd153 needed per NRC for a 1 sq kilometer dirty bomb and it can be removed in about 3 minutes, not to mention any other sources I deal with. The instructor spent time ensuring we were warned about the potential dangers if someone were to attempt to make contact with us about getting hands on them to report it.

If I were you, I would apply.

dbledoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 8, 2013
    Howard County
    Have any physicians been able to obtain CCWs? I'm interested to hear how tough the restrictions are.

The new regulations have pretty much made it impossible for an employed physician to get a new permit. If the doc is self employed and can prove he/she carries cash then it can happen.

Renewals are not being denied.

Recently, had two patients (retired state Senator) and a current state delegate talk to Gov. Hogan on my behalf. He referred them to a high level guy at MSP to see if my doc status could be used for G&S. The reply was "He needs to prove he is protecting money."

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    The new regulations have pretty much made it impossible for an employed physician to get a new permit. If the doc is self employed and can prove he/she carries cash then it can happen.

Recently, had two patients (retired state Senator) and a current state delegate talk to Gov. Hogan on my behalf. He referred them to a high level guy at MSP to see if my doc status could be used for G&S. The reply was "He needs to prove he is protecting money."

Because your life, your wife, your children, the $40K car you are strapped into by law, and the fact you may be exposed to criminals or threats are worth nothing according to the MSP's current standing operating procedure. Protecting money however? Apparently priceless.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo

Sad. So much for Hogan supporting the 2A.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Because your life, your wife, your children, the $40K car you are strapped into by law, and the fact you may be exposed to criminals or threats are worth nothing according to the MSP's current standing operating procedure. Protecting money however? Apparently priceless.

And ironically defending property is aganst the SD laws in MD.

Hypocrites. :tdown:.

lonzo

Dec 8, 2015
    Moco
    Well, I'm still waiting.. I've contacted MSP and they did tell me that there is the 90 days, but since more "evidence" was asked for, now its all up in the air..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom