• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I ordered a Romanian Tokarev from SOG and it's supposed to be delivered tomorrow 3/25/11. I'm like a kid at Christmas. SOG does charge a fee for cc use. I also ordered a Yugo M57 from Widener's even though they told me they don't ship handguns to MD. They charged my cc and the order status says processing. I'll post pictures when they arrive.

Widener's recommends a complete disassemble and cleaning on the M57 due to it being packed with cosmoline.

Does anyone know where I can get good surplus 7.62x25 ammo? I don't want the stuff where the cases split. Thanks.

Now I need a TT33. Damn this C&R! :D

jtarpley59

live free or die
    Jan 6, 2010
    Churchton
    Cool, I hink you'll like the safety better on the Romey. I remember the safety on the yugo you have was really stiff.

Ya dude I remember you were the first one to make it work I thought it was broken and did not want to mess up the gun. I was thinking about you a couple days ago we really need to sit some time down to build a AK or PPSH and go to the grove. I have about another month of school then I will get a break maybe if your schedule allows it we can get together then.

DeadeyeJack

Supporter of Freedom
    Sep 13, 2009
    Dixie
    Got my Yugo from SOG last night (had to pick up at UPS. they suck)
    Just finished cleaning everything after a 24hr soak in denatured alcohol. It looks good on the outside. The "safety" is an obvious afterthought. [this may need removed and welded shut] The barrel is, well, crappy. I pulled one set of blue patches out of it, and will see how the second cleaning does. It is not dark, but it is not smooth by any means. I may have to order a new barrel, and just keep this one in a box somewhere.

My SOG Romanian Tokarev will be delivered tomorrow 3/25/11. I got an update from Widener's, my Yugo M57 shipped today. According to them their M57 handguns are in excellent condition although they are packed with cosmoline. I sure hope so. I hope the Romanian Tokarev is in good condition. I'll post pictures and details.

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    i used mineral spirits and that took it right off. melted it like, i dunno, something that melts something else lol!

just remember to proptly oil the gun. the mineral spirits strips the gun of ALL oils and the Yugo steel rusts up pretty quick.

T-Man

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2010
    Catonsville
    i used mineral spirits and that took it right off. melted it like, i dunno, something that melts something else lol!

just remember to proptly oil the gun. the mineral spirits strips the gun of ALL oils and the Yugo steel rusts up pretty quick.

A regular person who writes real well with words you are. :lol:

Thanks for the tip. I used boiling water last time and it worked, just felt a little wrong.

DeadeyeJack

Supporter of Freedom
    Sep 13, 2009
    Dixie
    Range report.
    Put 200 rounds of 50's surplus [from Cope's] through it at On Target this morning.
    Only one FTE. groups were 3" at 25 ft. Good enough.
    I'll put the effort into some finish work, as it is worth saving. The blue is just about gone. I'm not going to pay for a pro to hot blue. I'll either cold blue or dura coat.

rrrrrrkevin

Its comin right for me!
    Jul 18, 2008
    North Beach
    A regular person who writes real well with words you are. :lol:

Thanks for the tip. I used boiling water last time and it worked, just felt a little wrong.

Thats what I did with my toks, I sat them in a big bucket outside and boiled a pot of water and took it out back and dumped it into the bucket and oiled em and put them back together. Took about 20 minutes and I could use one of my cooking pots because I was dumping it into an old bucket outside so I wasnt placing the gun in something I eat out of and Im really not concerned about putting tok's in water because they are so simple that you can easily strip them to every last part with few tools and put em back together.

Deapsee

NaN
    May 1, 2009
    Calvert
    Windex is needed

Range report.
    Put 200 rounds of 50's surplus [from Cope's] through it at On Target this morning.
    Only one FTE. groups were 3" at 25 ft. Good enough.
    I'll put the effort into some finish work, as it is worth saving. The blue is just about gone. I'm not going to pay for a pro to hot blue. I'll either cold blue or dura coat.

You need to flush the barrel soon like now, I have shot this same Polish surplus and it is very corrosive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom