• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • StanW

Hooligan #8
    Dec 18, 2012
    Western MD
    Was looking for a leg holster for a S&W M&P. Safariland are nice but a little pricey. Just something to wear while in the woods. Mrs won't let me wear it while I'm cutting grass..

aaron.foulk

Feb 16, 2013
    I know they are cool looking, it'll end up in the classifieds and no one will buy it.

Get a nice regular belt holster like a pancake holster and call it a day. I know I know you didn't ask for it but you did get my .02 cents.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=M&P Leg holster

theres a quick search and there all CRAP unless its' safariland.

What? No love for the 5.11 Thumb Drive system? Seems like a cheaper mistake than the dedicated safariland. Just toss the $40 drop leg attachment when you're sick of it and it's still not a bad belt holster.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I agree, I'm not a fan of thigh holsters; or drop leg holster, if you prefer that term.

For some unique application, like cowboy action sport shooting, or military or tac team, whatever, it might be better. Didn't work well for me even when deployed, might work for you. My info is old in this issue, sorry.

Check out BladeTech and CompTac holsters.

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    I read somewhere that there more for show than go and I would think "in the woods" they would tend to snag on stuff. I know I preferred a chest or shoulder Holster, when we where in our LAVs the "Drop Leg" caught on everything. JMTWOCENTS

Attachments

• LAV inside.jpg
      LAV inside.jpg
      31.7 KB · Views: 153

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Drop holsters are to lower the pistol away from vests and gear. Damn near impossible to properly draw a pistol from a belt holster while wearing some sort of chest rig. Usually the butt of the pistol is contacting or is under the bottom of the vest.

Dogabutila

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2010
    Drop holsters are to lower the pistol away from vests and gear. Damn near impossible to properly draw a pistol from a belt holster while wearing some sort of chest rig. Usually the butt of the pistol is contacting or is under the bottom of the vest.

The armor plate really ****s up the drawstroke. I hit the back corner of it coming out and probably minorly sprained my wrist.

@stan,
    A belt holster should be fine for you. If you're worried about backpack straps or something getting in the way maybe go with a low ride holster instead of a full out dropleg.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I have the Blackhawk setup for my double-stack 1911 for 3-gun, it's not cheap, but you can take the holster off of the drop leg set up and use it as a regular belt holster.

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    What does the Arabic say on the LAV?

Pistol on chest rig works best if kitted up.

The Center Top is Diesel Fuel, Bottom far Left & Right is Tie Down, the other chicken scratch have no clue. The Drop leg Holster is more for just a place to put it cause of all the other gear on your person plus carrying your rifle.

I always preferred the Shoulder or Chest except when we did our marches with all our gear on us then the Leg was good for that. Those were the days.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom