• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    No. They never stop and never will.

All those that fled MD to VA and PA need take notice.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    "He would also prohibit gun shows from advertising their exclusion from the background check law in hope of discouraging criminals from buying guns this way."

I don't think i've been to a gun show yet where they had an exclusion from background checks. More ignorant and misleading hyperbole. I'm disgusted when the news and politicians (from BOTH sides) blow crap out of proportion if not outright lie to get their agenda done. If one has to lie or scream or deceive or misstate something to get their agenda passed, it's probably not worth of passing.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    "He would also prohibit gun shows from advertising their exclusion from the background check law in hope of discouraging criminals from buying guns this way."

I don't think i've been to a gun show yet where they had an exclusion from background checks. More ignorant and misleading hyperbole. I'm disgusted when the news and politicians (from BOTH sides) blow crap out of proportion if not outright lie to get their agenda done. If one has to lie or scream or deceive or misstate something to get their agenda passed, it's probably not worth of passing.

His "proposal" is nothing more than political posturing. It has no chance of passing, but now liberals can run ads saying "So-and-so supporting allowing gun shows to advertise a lack of background checks to convicted felons!"

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    His "proposal" is nothing more than political posturing. It has no chance of passing, but now liberals can run ads saying "So-and-so supporting allowing gun shows to advertise a lack of background checks to convicted felons!"

The trouble is he's giving the imbeciles in the General Assembly here across the Potomac ideas. Since it appears getting their own is a strain.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Connecting the dots ...

Does anyone else get the feeling that there is a concerted effort to 'strike while the iron is still hot' for MORE gun control. Given that the tide turned IN FAVOR of 2A with the 2014 elections, I think that the antis are making a last ditch attempt to sway public opinion and legislatures BEFORE the new regime takes office, thus putting them immediately on the defensive.

It's too much of a coinky-dink that new anti-gun groups seem to be coming out of the woodwork along with local, state, and national politicians making gun-grab rumblings like McAwful in VA ... even WITH the recent Pew Research paper noting Pro-2A sentiment is higher now than it's been in 20 years.

Pew Poll: Americans Support Gun Rights More Than Gun Control

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Don't worry, pretty soon people will not sell to those in Virginia just like they will not sell to Md., California, etc.. Those people are the ones who are helping the anti's and don't even realize it!:sad20:

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    One can probably thank Libertarian Robert Sarvis for this. :sad20: Yeaaaaa WTG 3rd party *******.

Don't forget to thank Bob McDonald for his royal FU and then all the Establishment RINOs that couldn't support Ken Cuccinelli because he was too Conservative, Tea Party, Right2Life, DOMA, yadda, yadda, yadda

Mr H

Banana'd
    A little quick on the knicker-knotting, aren't we??

Gov. Terry McAuliffe on Monday will call for a package of gun restrictions

McAuliffe will also propose

McAuliffe (D) will unveil his plan

A couple things...

This is not unexpected. Brownstain would be doing the same here (and O'MAO still could).

It's timed for the anniversary of Sandy Hook. Heartstring Concerto.

These are only proposals, and the assembly in VA is still pretty darned red.

Unless something big happens, I can't see this going anywhere (provided the conservatives stand up to the NoVA media barrage you know will come).

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Don't worry, pretty soon people will not sell to those in Virginia just like they will not sell to Md., California, etc.. Those people are the ones who are helping the anti's and don't even realize it!:sad20:

jack.gif

Don't count on it, the Commonwealth is at least a few decades away from any type of stuff we've seen here in this state. Considering how strong the 2A has been in the last handful of years, I doubt VA would ever go full retard.

VA population combined with a lot more rural conservative counties, and a conservative filled legislator. Of course, everything is subject to change, after all, they did elect Mcauliffe. The third party shenanigans and people who just don't vote helped that.

Furious George

May 10, 2010
    Blah, Blah, Blah...

McDouche can say anything he wants to raise money in Arlington VA (AKA "The Blue Lagoon").

No one but the Washington Post is listening.

GOP controls both houses of the legislature. By a 2:1 margin in the lower house.

His legislative agenda is DoA.

He might as well introduce legislation to provide the State police with unicorns.

It's called divided government, and it works.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    Does anyone else get the feeling that there is a concerted effort to 'strike while the iron is still hot' for MORE gun control. Given that the tide turned IN FAVOR of 2A with the 2014 elections, I think that the antis are making a last ditch attempt to sway public opinion and legislatures BEFORE the new regime takes office, thus putting them immediately on the defensive.

It's too much of a coinky-dink that new anti-gun groups seem to be coming out of the woodwork along with local, state, and national politicians making gun-grab rumblings like McAwful in VA ... even WITH the recent Pew Research paper noting Pro-2A sentiment is higher now than it's been in 20 years.

Pew Poll: Americans Support Gun Rights More Than Gun Control

Gun control is the big unchecked box on liberals' to-do list. They figure the lame duck session is their last chance.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Great. I actually have to work with McAuliffe (as in face-to-face) AND I'm moving to VA in March. I always knew that he was an anti, but as long as he didn't attempt to do anything, I was happy to overlook it. Actually, I kinda like the guy...he seem very hands-on, and pragmatic in his approach to solving problems. He's far better than Owe'Malley in that respect.

Now that he's pushing his anti agenda, working with him and his staff is going to be hard. Luckily I don't have to do it often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom