Cheapest transfers or in stock stripped lowers?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lmorrison17

Feb 1, 2008
    Along the rt 40 corridor between white marsh and northeast?

Can anyone help me out?
    Thanks.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Do we have to come in on Black Friday? Some people have to work.

lmorrison17

Feb 1, 2008
    Thanks everyone. Looks like Bank might win this one.
    I called Freestate and their "We don't give prices over the phone"
    Response weirded me out a little. Brownells sale on lowers for
    $50 seem like the best deal with Banks cheap transfer and 13$ for the second.
    Beats Gun Connections 100$ lowers.

Merlin593

Mar 29, 2013
    Towson, MD
    Thanks everyone. Looks like Bank might win this one.
    I called Freestate and their "We don't give prices over the phone"
    Response weirded me out a little. Brownells sale on lowers for
    $50 seem like the best deal with Banks cheap transfer and 13$ for the second.
    Beats Gun Connections 100$ lowers.

you did see that Freestate responded 2 replies above this post saying Anderson lowers are $70 out the door for a Black Friday special right?
    with shipping and transfer fees, does Brownells + bank still come out to $70/per lower?:shrug:

1time

Ultimate Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    you did see that Freestate responded 2 replies above this post saying Anderson lowers are $70 out the door for a Black Friday special right?

with shipping and transfer fees, does Brownells + bank still come out to $70/per lower?:shrug:

Then what is the big deal giving them out over the phone. I don't do business with companies that won't give a price over the phone.

lmorrison17

Feb 1, 2008
    There is about a 15$ difference but saving on gas and time driving to Balt. when I live in Cecil evens that out. I just thought it odd that they did not want to give a price over the phone. When i asked about that he never gave a reason and just repeated we don't give prices over the phone.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Then what is the big deal giving them out over the phone. I don't do business with companies that won't give a price over the phone.

In many cases retailers cannot disclose sale pricing on advertising or on the phone. This is a stipulation of them carrying that product. These rules are from a manufacturer/distributor not your local shop.

Freestate is a great place to do business. You will have a hard time beating $70 out the door.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    That is your loss and someone else's gain... Freestate is a reputable company to deal with, no question about it. Spend your $$$ and wait a while, or drive to White Marsh and buy one...

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    If you're splitting hairs to that degree you probably shouldn't be spending your "marginal utility" on an AR...
    This is usually my thoughts when someone is pinching that much. Just makes me wonder about the final product after all that penny pinching. Could you really build a good & solid rifle that's cheaper than the average pistol? Why would you want too....

1time

Ultimate Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    That is your loss and someone else's gain... Freestate is a reputable company to deal with, no question about it. Spend your $$$ and wait a while, or drive to White Marsh and buy one...

I'm glad your happy with them but I would not go as far to say there is no question about it. I was a member there the first 2 years they were open and I had a few dealings that were not positive, one I think was plain underhanded.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    In many cases retailers cannot disclose sale pricing on advertising or on the phone. This is a stipulation of them carrying that product. These rules are from a manufacturer/distributor not your local shop.

Freestate is a great place to do business. You will have a hard time beating $70 out the door.

That's their everyday policy and I don't care for it. Why should I have to drive just to find out a price is not desirable? Only local shop I've encountered with that policy.
    I was in Duffy's once and asked what would be the cash price on 2 suppressors. Was told "come back with the cash and we'll talk about it". Engage got my money on those 2, and a couple of others, even though it's 1 hour each way. I just don't understand some places business policies.
    Having said this, I'm not one to drive all over creation or shop online to save $20 if an IP is competitive. There comes point where people make themselves crazy to save $5 and then still worry if they got the cheapest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom