• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HauptsAriba

Feb 16, 2014
    Anne Arundel
    I recently went to ocean city andthe gps took us through some rural country part of deleware for about 45 minutes and I got a great vibe, me and my wife. She even said she wanted to live out there in the country. So I hope deleware isn't a baby Maryland.
    Delaware is better in some ways, and not in others. Example. Most NFA stuff is not legal in DE. It is all legal in MD.

But Open carry IS legal in DE, though I have never seen anyone doing it. Sussex County has ( or had ) a great Sherriff, a member of the Constitutional Sherrifs association.

Concealed carry is what is known as permissive May issue. This means it is not a guarantee, but self defense will get you a permit. A judge has to approve it and you do have some hoops to jump through but it is far easier to get one in DE than in MD and once you do get it, there are no restrictions on it.

No non NFA weapons are banned in DE standard capacity mags are ok etc etc.

The fear is that the state is ruled by the Northern part which is like a NJ clone, anti gun measurements could come at any time, but that could happen anywhere outside of the most conservative places.

I like it, and would live there ( I lived in the Salisbury and OC area for 18 years ) but would take a hard look at the local politics and the potential future politics to be educated before making a purchase. The taxes are great and it's a great place for business or to retire.

Check out the Delaware Open Carry website.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Delaware is better in some ways, and not in others. Example. Most NFA stuff is not legal in DE. It is all legal in MD.

But Open carry IS legal in DE, though I have never seen anyone doing it. Sussex County has ( or had ) a great Sherriff, a member of the Constitutional Sherrifs association.

Concealed carry is what is known as permissive May issue. This means it is not a guarantee, but self defense will get you a permit. A judge has to approve it and you do have some hoops to jump through but it is far easier to get one in DE than in MD and once you do get it, there are no restrictions on it.

The fear is that the state is ruled by the Northern part which is like a NJ clone, anti gun measurements could come at any time, but that could happen anywhere outside of the most conservative places.

I like it, and would live there ( I lived in the Salisbury and OC area for 18 years ) but would take a hard look at the local politics and the potential future politics to be educated before making a purchase. The taxes are great and it's a great place for business or to retire.

The deloc folks hold a monthly get together.

Foxtrapper and I have gone to a few and most certainly open carried for their dinners at public restaurants. No eyebrows raises, no silly or fearful reactions either by the other folks (not with the deloc group) having dinner at the same place or in parking lots/outside the restaurants.

Weird thing about Delaware... The CCW application process includes publishing one's intention to obtain a carry permit in a newspaper to allow for public notice and possibly refute the applicant's qualifications.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    if is a big word

If can, has as been proven, that background checks do nothing. Many supporters of BG checks concede this and still want them..

If you agree to a regulation that fails intermediate scrutiny are you not conceedeing that intermediate scrutiny is to high a standard of review? Thats the ball game. And its why they push for UBC. They know it will do nothing. They know many will concede. Checkmate.

If we fall for this we deserve to lose.

15carbine15

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 5, 2014
    Prince George's County

Thanks for the detail write up. Would me and my wife being black republicans be an issue living out in the rural country conservative part? I mean I'm just asking because I don't know what the folks are like. Although I must say quite a few folks waved at us just riding by which reminded me of when I'm down north Carolina how people just have that southern hospitality.

HauptsAriba

Feb 16, 2014
    Anne Arundel
    Thanks for the detail write up. Would me and my wife being black republicans be an issue living out in the rural country conservative part? I mean I'm just asking because I don't know what the folks are like. Although I must say quite a few folks waved at us just riding by which reminded me of when I'm down north Carolina how people just have that southern hospitality.
    I know several ( mixed ) couples that live in lower slower ( LSD) From what I have seen, everyone gets along pretty well.

bluedog46

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2011

We love black people. I know as a white conservative democrat ( well democrat in name only) I love anyone who loves the country and the constitution. IF anything you will have more issues with people who look like black people, but another word is better used for calling you uncle tom.

Hope you like it up here. Its nothing like Dixie though. I will always consider part of my heart in Alabama.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island

I don't think you would have any issues at all. I worked in (s)lower DE for a couple of years and have family there now, it seems to be the friendliest place north of Southern VA.

NormH3

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 31, 2011
    Delaware
    Pretty much is little MD already. I-95 urban New Castle County/Wilmington pretty much dominates rural Kent & Sussex.

I'm going to disagree with this. You are correct that New Castle County is Democratic/Liberal, but Kent and Sussex have been holding their own. Wilmington is Delaware's largest city (80,000 or so) and like most larger cities captures the liberal vote. At this time, Delaware is much better off than Maryland. Our state Constitution guarantees us the right to bear arms and I have to believe it is what has protected us from those that don't approve of firearms. New Castle County does not dominate all of Delaware. A more appropriate statement is that Kent and Sussex keeps NCC at bay.

tom b

Oct 2, 2011
    I'm going to disagree with this. You are correct that New Castle County is Democratic/Liberal, but Kent and Sussex have been holding their own. Wilmington is Delaware's largest city (80,000 or so) and like most larger cities captures the liberal vote. At this time, Delaware is much better off than Maryland. Our state Constitution guarantees us the right to bear arms and I have to believe it is what has protected us from those that don't approve of firearms. New Castle County does not dominate all of Delaware. A more appropriate statement is that Kent and Sussex keeps NCC at bay.

Well said and spot on.

NormH3

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 31, 2011
    Delaware
    Then why can't you play with NFA toys? ;)

Why can't you properly holster your handgun and carry it openly?

This is the problem right now. Step across a state boundary and you become an instant criminal. Doesn't make a lot of sense, does it?

ourway77

Jul 18, 2011
    Ocean View, Delaware
    I don't want to see harm or sickness come to any one But he is now deceased There is an ex state police woman running for Governor She was on a talk show and some of her responses towards gun control makes me wonder about her

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom