• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Intercooler

Jun 10, 2012
    Anyone here do interior painting? I don't know a whole lot about what painters charge per room, but allow me to lay out what needs done.

- All paint, spackle, etc... is bought and supplies will be furnished.
    - Walls are painted, but need general filling and sanding.
    - Floor trim will need the gap caulked and again supplies are furnished.
    - The master bedroom is 13x15 and just basically needs walls painted and ceiling painted. One corner needs some fix-up where the paper is buckling.
    - The living room is 13x15 and almost identical in shape to the master bedroom needing one corner spot fixed. One wall is already completely done.
    - The kitchen is 12x9 L-shaped with center isle. It will need the toe boards (I think this is the name) painted along with the walls and ceiling. One wall is completely done here as well.

Is there a general guideline for cost per room? I know in many cases it has to be seen but what are the ranges for straight painting with normal fill/sand and trim caulking?

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Contact Rich1911.

He did some exterior painting for us and it was done well, in a timely fashion and for a fair price.

britishjohnhall

It does vary a lot. Basic one coat, painting a room 16x16, ceiling same color, should be between $300-$500. HOWEVER, if they have to do patch work and you use anything other than a flat paint, you will need to do two coats, otherwise the patched areas will probably 'flash'(show up after final coat). Then your looking at $400-$600. If your doing multiple rooms they should give you a price break. If the rooms are clean (very little furniture to move) that will help your pricing out. Most of the subs and painters I deal with prefer to use their own materials (caulk and spackle). Its not so much the money as it is being familiar with the products they use. From what you have described You should be able to get someone in there for between $300-$500 per room. Just remember good painters do good work. Cheap painters do cheap work, they are usually cheap cause people don't use them much (cause they suck) and they need the work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom