Dec 20, 2008
    Clear Spring, MD.
    double_defense_large_blue_12.jpg

Double Defense

Stoeger Double Defense 12-Gauge Shotgun with 3” Chamber; Black hardwood
    Double Defense -- 12-GA, 3”
    Matte black hardwood

Doubledefenselightmount.jpg

Stoeger’s new Double Defense side-by-side shotgun is a straightforward, rugged and reliable home defense shotgun. Ideal for use in tight quarters and tense situations, the Stoeger Double Defense with its traditional break-action and short, efficient design is easy to load and quick to deploy in an emergency.
    Ported Barrels & Green Fiber-Optic Front Sight
    Factory-Installed Forward Picatinny Rail
    Single-Trigger Design
    Break-Action Double Barrel Shotgun

The Double Defense’s 20-inch barrels are ported to keep muzzle climb down and fitted with a green, fiber-optic front sight for fast, sure target acquisition in low-light conditions.

The Double Defense comes standard with two Picatinny Rails for accessory mounts: the front Picatinny Rail is factory-installed on the underside of the barrels and will accommodate targeting lasers or tactical lights.
    Doubledefensepicatinnyrails.jpg

The Double Defense’s single-trigger design and tang-mounted automatic safety makes it a fast and reliable firearm that’s ideal for home security use.

The Double Defense is a traditional break-action shotgun, featuring a short, efficient design that’s easy to load and quick to deploy in tight quarters and tense situations. Each Double Defense comes with a Picatinny Rail that can be attached to the top of the receiver to accommodate speed- or red-dot optical sights.

Have any of you guys seen this baby? I believe i may have to have one. Heres the link if you want to learn more.
    http://www.stoegerindustries.com/firearms/stoeger_double_defense.php

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    MSRP is $469, seems a bit pricey, like their upper end coach guns. the lowest MSRP on their sight is $369.

Luke 12:49

A Good Ole Boy
    Feb 18, 2009
    Culvert County
    MSRP is $469, seems a bit pricey, like their upper end coach guns. the lowest MSRP on their sight is $369.

But if you were to compare it to the Remington 870 HD...that's about $399.99 (plus tax)...and it doesnt have any optics, nor light accessories...so to me about $500.00 seems fair...

gunrunner

New MK12 Mod 0 Fan
    Dec 20, 2008
    Clear Spring, MD.
    I have a feeling that in a HD situation indoors this thing would be awesome. Compact for pieing corners and powerful enough to stop anybody or anything. In a hallway you would cut someone in half with two quick jerks on the trigger of this baby. My problem is where do i put extra ammo? Besides some kind of buttstock sock.

Tootall

Feelings Hurter
    Oct 3, 2008
    AACO
    id like on but minus the rails. the black color, 20" length ,bead sight and ported barrels have me interested

HarEngSer

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 4, 2008
    Bel Air
    id like on but minus the rails. the black color, 20" length ,bead sight and ported barrels have me interested

I think the bottom rail is useful but the top rail seems like over kill. Put a laser on it in the middle of the pattern forget about trying to aim even with a red dot. I bet a forgrip/laser/flashlight would be bitchin.

wyomingboy

Jan 26, 2009
    Mods needed.... Add ejectors, but get rid of the rails, the porting, the single trigger and the choke.

Onua

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2008
    Carroll County
    put one of those pulsing ultra bright lights on the bottom to disorient the bad guys, would be good for home defense, or the tactical hillbilly in us all:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom