• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    Oh, wow! I already got a phase 5 tactical but may swap it out for one of those.

The KAK buffer tube and adjusting collars will allow you to lengthen the SIG arm brace to 3 different positions.
    img_20140330_131157_201.jpg

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    KAK has a pistol tube kit (no brace shoulder) for $35 and the Sig tube alone for $42. $6 shipping. Odd thing is $42 for the tube alone and I think I remember seeing blemish lowers for $49.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    So if you own one of these, either:

1) You want the look of an SBR without having to file SBR paperwork, or
    2) You thought you could actually use the SB15 as a stock, as a way of getting around SBR paperwork, or
    3) You want to pretend you are this:
    halloween-2-470-1008.jpg
    You might want to read the ATF decision on firing from the shoulder. This is how most able bodied people are using the Sig Brace even though it is contrary to what Sig designed it for.

Attachments

• S72-LEGAL-B1404030900021.jpg
      S72-LEGAL-B1404030900021.jpg
      78.9 KB · Views: 328

ThawMyTongue

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2009
    Dublin, OH
    I still don't think you get how the Sig Brace is utilized. You do understand how it was designed. Hint: The ATF ruled it was not a shoulder stock no matter how people used it.

ETA: What Mdeng said!

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    Later.

I know exactly how it's utilized...to give a 5.56 pistol that cool "SBR" look without actually putting a stock on it and filling out the NFA paperwork.

I see exactly how it's being used from the pictures in the link above. The only way to line your target up with the irons on the pistol (or even keep most optics in eye-line) using that thing is to hold it how the people in the picture are holding it...at arms-length. The weight of a P516 pistol plus a fully-loaded 30rd mag is about 6.5 pounds, with much of the weight distributed forward of the hand (barrel, magazine, etc), giving it even more leverage on the elbow and shoulder, even with the wrist braced.

How long can you hold that thing at arms-length and still be able to shoot accurately?

Like I said, the only way to accurately aim that thing is with a laser, so you can hold it in a position that is less inherently strenuous on the arm.

So if you own one of these, either:

1) You want the look of an SBR without having to file SBR paperwork, or
    2) You thought you could actually use the SB15 as a stock, as a way of getting around SBR paperwork, or
    3) You want to pretend you are this:
    halloween-2-470-1008.jpg

You can use it as a stock. Where have you been for the last couple of months ?

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    You might want to read the ATF decision on firing from the shoulder. This is how most able bodied people are using the Sig Brace even though it is contrary to what Sig designed it for.

Good to know, I was wondering about this.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010

^^^^^^^^^
    I keep a copy of that letter along with a copy of the letter the Sig brace came with folded up inside the grip of my 300blk pistol.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Folks who had Akins Accelerators had that letter in their stock and look where that got them...jus' sayin...

There's a pretty big difference between the two. And I don't see how having documentation with you could be a bad thing.

Trbo6gn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    Harford Co.
    I said screw it and ordered one. I'm in no rush to get it so i figured why not. I have a feeling that the KaK buffer tubes are going to be out of stock for a little while anyway.

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    Mr. Ferret,

Thank you for posting this. I indeed "got" mine. I would like to thank you for being a thoughtful and helpful member of the Maryland shooters family.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I better start selling kidneys. So much cool stuff to buy and no monies to do it with, lol.

Welcome back AF
    Awesome avatar

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    I should say the range bag throw-in makes this a smoking deal. If I was building a pistol I would get the Sig brace before the BATF does a gutless reversal.

Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    The KAK buffer tube and adjusting collars will allow you to lengthen the SIG arm brace to 3 different positions.

Hadn't seen the collars before but I have one of the KAK pistol tubes and heated up a piece of kydex and formed it around to accomplish the same thing. Also tried para-cord wrap which worked for a while but eventually bunched up a bit (doesn't take much) and interfered with the charge handle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom