• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dfens42

Publius
    Jun 7, 2012
    Free America-WV Province
    So if I was going to say, Nevada, I could purchase standard capacity magazines and fly them back, they just have to be in my checked baggage? Or could I Fed-Ex them back?

bigalf

Apr 1, 2012
    Fort Meade
    Believe you can fly with them, check the specific air line your flying to see their policy. Definitely CAN NOT mail them to yourself. I believe this was discussed recently. Something about the FedEx man is actually transferring them to you yada yada.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Are you required to declare magazines in checked luggage the way you have to declare firearms?

Nope. Buy them, and pack them in your checked luggage.

Brought back 9 or 10 of them last year from Texas. CHECKED LUGGAGE.

Don't say anything, just pack and go.

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    Believe you can fly with them, check the specific air line your flying to see their policy. Definitely CAN NOT mail them to yourself. I believe this was discussed recently. Something about the FedEx man is actually transferring them to you yada yada.

hmmm; could provide a link to this recent discussion? It doesn't make sense to me, ands I'd like to review the discussion further.

safecracker

Unrepentant Sinner
    Feb 26, 2009
    As others have stated, put them in your checked baggage and you shouldn't have any issues. I flew back from Kentucky two weeks ago with new toys.

chale127

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2008
    Brooklyn, MD
    flew back from Orlando with these just this past Sunday in my checked luggage via Southwest

I did not declare anything

Leave them in their packaging if any seems to be the consensus also from many places I've read

a4yremar.jpg

Sent from my rewired speak and spell

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014

Thanks for the link. I have no intention of restarting the debate that was well worn in the referenced thread.

To me its pretty clear that the state defines transfer as a change in ownership. That means I give someone money and they give me a thing of value. Hence the referenced AG opinion that temporarailly loaning one's firearms to another for use without change in ownership is not a violation of the HQL requirement so long as the receiving individual is not otherwise prohibited.

An online purchase is a little more fuzzy because they charge my credit card (the money) out of state but they gave me the thing of value (the mag) in MD. Not the same situation as if I conclude the entire transaction physically out of state and then hire a courier to move my property from one state to another.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    IMO declare it to the airline to CYA. in a locked case but I can't provide a cite for just lowers. BATFE considers the serialized part as the firearm. If you declare it as a firearm, it falls under the TSA regs for transport.

IANAL.

matt1

Feb 5, 2013
    anne arundel county md
    So even stripped lowers you think I have to declare? I feel like thats just asking for trouble to even mention you have them. But I guess it could be worse if they found them and considered them guns even though its a block of metal. lol

paulstitz

Jun 19, 2010
    Cockeysville
    So even stripped lowers you think I have to declare? I feel like thats just asking for trouble to even mention you have them. But I guess it could be worse if they found them and considered them guns even though its a block of metal. lol

If you are asking about purchasing stripped lowers out of state and transporting them to good old Maryland. You will probably be arrested at BWI.

After 10/1/2014 stripped lower are BANNED.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom