• Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Any questions? . :)

95016-crotch-004.jpg-395x395

Gusset.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gusset

Guderian

Mar 31, 2011
    How does their sizing run? 5.11's always seem to run big. Makes me believe I am thinner than I actually am. :D

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Bumping this.

I finally got around to getting my pants hemmed so that I could wear them. I ordered the unhemmed ones so I'd be guaranteed to have enough length in them.

Got to say, regardless of the "high speed" factor, these pants are far more comfortable than either my 5.11 or Woolrich Elite pants. It's like wearing a pair of khaki pajamas all day.:D

Some things I like about the pants, aside from just being plain comfortable...

Flat pockets for the cargo pockets. They are built into the pant rather than being sewn on top of the pant. Still functional without the bulk.

Back pockets are reasonable size without being caverns. The other two pairs of pants have huge back pockets which I guess is good if you're besieging a bunker, but they are a PITA for simply carrying a wallet.

Fabric in the regular front pockets are a heavier quality of cloth. I carry a big key ring and also stick tools in there when working, so it's nice to not wear the pockets out of an otherwise perfectly good pair of pants.

Movement of the fabric. The 5.11 regular fabric always seemed stiff to me....like a piece of tarp. This stuff moves.

Big one for me..a button through waist closure. The 5.11 pants have a snap which is terrible if you're actually doing anything that requires movement, particularly without a belt. Also, if the snap fixture breaks, you pretty much have to toss the pants. In a pinch, the button through style can be fixed with a button and a few minutes with some thread.

If I were some sort of operator, which I of course am not, I would maybe miss the extra pocket that I have on my Woolrich elite pants that is in the perfect spot and is the perfect size for a pistol mag. When I've taken classes, it was nice to have that 3rd magazine close by (since on the really long course of fire I usually need them:sad20:)

All in all, I like these pants a lot. For us non tactical types that really don't like blue jeans and are pretty limited if we are of above normal size, these are a great choice. Going to order a couple more pairs before they disappear.

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    I'll check out the Vertyx pants. I have 5.11 and Crye Precision (with the kneepads) but end up mostly wearing a cheap pair of $10 pants from H&H in Baltimore when I go to classes.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Tacticalgear.com sent me a code of SAVEBIG that I just applied to another pair of these.

25% off and free shipping put me right at $35.00.

I can't even stand to wear jeans anymore. These are much more comfortable and look better. I wear them to school all the time.

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    Vertex pants are quite nice, and you won't look like a tactical douchenozzle wearing them. I recommend them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom